Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any carparks left?

Options
  • 07-08-2011 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭

It seems every september theres less and less carparks left, whats it like up there now?

Don't tell me, theres a free multistory accessible by student card only?

Can't believe i'm thinking about the commute already :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

All changed. The new School of Law is being built so the area around Quinn is different with different road layouts (the old crossroads at Quinn is gone for example), carparks changed/gone etc. Might be worth a visit before term starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 doly

There seems to be a new car park in the making over near Richview/Newstead. On the other hand, they have taken some spaces out of the little car park that used to be the old tennis courts and which is very handy for the JJ library.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

People seriously need to start lobbying for a multistory car park. It's gone beyond a joke at this stage. The SU should cash in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

Planning permission was given for a multistorey near the sports centre, no sign of it being started yet though...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,011 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Yep - nothing happening on that front. I often walk through the car park near the sports centre, and it's basically full before 9am during semesters, even the pay & display section. Last year I had drivers creeping along behind me, hoping I would get in a car and drive away. I would strongly recommend that people find alternatives to driving in, if at all possible.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Underground carparking is surely the best way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭irishdude11

Carparking was always a pain when I was there, looks like nothing has changed. There should be underground carparks in all the universities.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I have never once struggled to get parking on the street outside the Montrose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

You can park in the Montrose now quite easily courtesy of Superquinn

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I was in Quinn last week Chet, absolutely no change. I was shocked actually. No building work at all. I don't think a multistory would work in UCD, they need to be a seriously big size to maximize the space e.g. Dunnes in Cornelscourt, only holds about the same about of cars that the footprint of the building makes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement