Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LASTMILE BROADBAND, WORTH IT?

• 07-08-2011 1:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭

Hi guys, I'm moving house and my only option seems to be Lastmile! Was looking at the €29.99 2mb/512k broadband! I'm in Longford 10 miles and 15 miles away form service masts! Some feedback would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭NewHillel

Hi guys, I'm moving house and my only option seems to be Lastmile! Was looking at the €29.99 2mb/512k broadband! I'm in Longford 10 miles and 15 miles away form service masts! Some feedback would be great!

It looks an ok deal. It really depends what you're going to use it for. 30Gb is fine, unless you're downloading movies or streaming a lot of video. I use BBC IPlayer and it eats bandwidth. It's got new owners so Id ignore the negative press going back a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭pat13wx

Lastmile has been bought up by Ripplecom.net

If the have service in your area it might be worth trying. They cover near where I live but not close enough for coverage...if the were I'd be trying them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Take_Her_Handy

Cool! :D I'll give dem a go, maybe start a thread of my experience as there's no current info on them! Yea my usage at the mo is 25gb with NBS and I'm able to work with that so 5 more is cool! Anything should be better than 3! :rolleyes: Der awfull :eek: Thanks for the info guys! Here's hoping :D

Cool! :D I'll give dem a go, maybe start a thread of my experience as there's no current info on them! Yea my usage at the mo is 25gb with NBS and I'm able to work with that so 5 more is cool! Anything should be better than 3! :rolleyes: Der awfull :eek: Thanks for the info guys! Here's hoping :D

Check out Ripplecom's "unlimited" option. Might be worth it. Looking forward to hearing of your experience.

http://www.ripplecom.net/home-broadband

Hmm, Ripplecom same price and UNLIMITED usage! Def worth looking into! The coverage map places the nearest mast about 12 miles away, or will it be the one Lastmile used to work from 6 miles away?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Hmm, Ripplecom same price and UNLIMITED usage! Def worth looking into! The coverage map places the nearest mast about 12 miles away, or will it be the one Lastmile used to work from 6 miles away?

it is not unlimited a fair use policy applies. So don't be taken in by "unlimited".

As others advise keep in mind that because it might say "unlimited" it won't necessarily mean unlimited. Make sure to read their full terms and conditions. In any event, having an "unlimited" option should mean a substantial amount. Let's think positively:)

Even so, I'm used to it being 25gb, just have to be picky in what I DL! If it was 50 I'd be laughing! I wonder do they use Lastmiles masts, there's one just 6 miles away on Ardagh hill! That'd be class, but its not on there coverage map so prob not!

Advertisement