Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External painting of all buildings in Charlesland Grove & Park

Options
  • 07-08-2011 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

I presume you've all received a letter from Kennedy Wright stating that painting of all buildings in the Grove & Park will commence this month! I can't help thinking this is a monumental waste of our money as, in general, the current paintwork is still in excellent condition. I'd also like to see where the money to do this is going to come from - the 2011 Budget has a provision of €15k for external painting which I doubt would even cover the cost of the paint! Is it not also the case that only the appt blocks are covered for external painting/gutter cleaning, hence the elevated management fee? The whole thing makes zero sense to me..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Fi Fi

I kind of agree that the whole place should not be painted, but I've been complaining since last October about the Paintwork on mine to be redone as it has a huge slab that got damaged and was never fixed. Looks terrible. Had to wait until now to hear anything, and now have to wait in the que again. It seems that they can't just do the one or two properties, they have to do them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

skelly22 wrote: »
    I presume you've all received a letter from Kennedy Wright stating that painting of all buildings in the Grove & Park will commence this month! I can't help thinking this is a monumental waste of our money as, in general, the current paintwork is still in excellent condition. I'd also like to see where the money to do this is going to come from - the 2011 Budget has a provision of €15k for external painting which I doubt would even cover the cost of the paint! Is it not also the case that only the appt blocks are covered for external painting/gutter cleaning, hence the elevated management fee? The whole thing makes zero sense to me..
    hi im not too sure if im right but did i not hear somewhere that the external render was a low maintainance finish that shudnt be over painted as it already contains a colour?or am i thinking of something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭skelly22

Maudi wrote: »
    hi im not too sure if im right but did i not hear somewhere that the external render was a low maintainance finish that shudnt be over painted as it already contains a colour?or am i thinking of something else?

I'm not sure Maudi to be honest, either way i'm sure they could find some more productive ways to spend our hard-earned cash!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

U lot are never happy, always looking for something to bitch about.

"The management company just take all out money and stick it it their bank accounts"

"the management company are now taking all our money and painting out houses and aprtments to refresh the estate after over 7 years of weathering"

Get a bloody grip would you. You pay them to provide this service, your local committies would have requested and approved this painting.

If you don't something done voice your opinion at your AGM not on boards because I'm dam sure it would have been discussed and voted for there!

Rant Over!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

"The management company just take all out money and stick it it their bank accounts"

"the management company are now taking all our money and painting out houses and aprtments to refresh the estate after over 7 years of weathering"

Get a bloody grip would you. You pay them to provide this service, your local committies would have requested and approved this painting.

If you don't something done voice your opinion at your AGM not on boards because I'm dam sure it would have been discussed and voted for there!

Rant Over!!!

There are the committee members (who say they are working for the best interest of the estate but then rant at people complaining about decisions made on their behalf) and then "you lot" as we are kindly called. No wonder people dont to go to the meetings when they are classed as a second rate residents.

Maybe "you lot" on the board should be more proactive and let the residents know what is going on. If we can't make a meeting we have no say in what is done with our money and know nothing about it until it is too late.

There needs to be a change in the way the committee works. House visits before meetings to find out what people want, a website so people can air their opinions before or after meetings.

Before you say... I would bring this up at the next meeting but I cannot make it so unfortunalty my opinion will not count for anything.

There is no point slagging people here for airing opinions, if you are part of the committee you should be looking actively to find a way to satisfy rants and get people's messages and concerns out at meetings they cannot attend.

I will try and make the next

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

If you don't something done voice your opinion at your AGM not on boards because I'm dam sure it would have been discussed and voted for t

Rant Over!!!
    uhh ...uhh..bowl of milk for table 3...

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭markest

As you appear to have so many ideas, why not join your own committee? I'm sure they would appreciate any new members on the board to take the load off.

Advertisement