Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belly soreness in morning time

Options
  • 07-08-2011 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I am 6 and a half months along and am experiencing a stiff and sore belly in the morning times when I get out of bed. I think the baby is quiet enough during the night, so I am wondering if this is just due to muscle stretching, or is it a gravity thing with my bump? I heard some good things about 'pregnancy pillows' and that one of these may help, but perhaps someone here can confirm. Has anyone else had similar discomfort, and did you find any good ways to alleviate the soreness?

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

I was experiencing the same thing in the morning recently (at 5 and a half months) and my midwife said it was probably just muscular stretching. My bump did a serious amount of growing in the last couple of weeks though! I got myself a pregnancy pillow last week and it's really helped a huge amount to have support around the bump in bed - I'd highly recommend it.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I'd recommend a pregnancy pillow, although it doesn't have to be a specific one (they can be range from cheap to super expensive) a regular pillow will do. I've 3 extra pillows in the bed with me at night now, one at my back, one on my front to support the bump (about the size of a beachball now) and one between my knees. It would be no harm to mention this to your doctor also, they might be able to give you some tips or they might recommend you have a session with a physio and get some exercises that could help you.

I was getting progressively stiffer and more sore throughout my pregnancy and it turns out I've got some instability in my pelvis which was causing it. I'm getting physio in hospital now and they've given me a bit tubi-grip bandage thing that goes over my whole bump and I can wear it 24/7, and they also gave me this tight belt to wear around my hips to keep them stable. They put me on to the extra pillows idea and it's made a world of difference.

Advertisement