Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

64drive pre-orders opened earlier today

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

looks a tad expensive
    what did it work out in euros delivered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Crap that's expensive alright. Would probably be cheaper to just buy carts of all the n64 games worth playing. It's not like there are that many of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

o1s1n wrote: »
    Crap that's expensive alright. Would probably be cheaper to just buy carts of all the n64 games worth playing. It's not like there are that many of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

I gotta agree, just bought about 10 carts (all under €10). Sampled loads more with emulators and not sure there's a whole more out there that interest me.

Although, what gives with the pricing of Conkers bad fur, is it that rare (no pun intended) ??

Master of the Universe

Slap me all you want, but I'm right!

Start naming good n64 games. I doubt you'll get more than 20 titles which are still must plays. And if you do it'll be because you're including rubbish to pad it out.

Most overrated Nintendo console of all time.

/edit - and one thing I've also noticed is that most people who disagree with me are in the 19-24 age bracket. You know, the age group which just so happened to have experienced the n64 as their first console.

/cough rose tinted spectacles cough :P

• Advertisement

http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/topic/419677/1/

Dont agree with all of them myself but well over 20 must play games there:p

Edit: Im 33 btw my 1st console was the Philips Videopac

Re Edit: Are you trying to save bandwidth by all this editing?
    As for the rose tinted aspect i still have my n64 and still play it quite often so there :)

Master of the Universe

Sparks43 wrote: »
    http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/topic/419677/1/

Dont agree with all of them myself but well over 20 must play games there:p

Jesus, it's worse than I thought. When your top 30 games features 10 sports titles you know it's been padded out with crap :p

Master of the Universe

I wasn't specifically talking about yourself with regards to the rose tint. Was aiming that more at people who are along the lines of -

'N64 WAS THE GREATEST CONSOLE EVAR!!!!' - as it wasn't.

And you can easily work that out by a good game ratio to other consoles. I would say for every game worth playing on the N64, the ps1 has 10. Maybe even more!

Not saying there aren't still things worth playing on it, there are. Just back to my original point, it would probably be cheaper to buy the actual carts of them than spending $200 on a flash cart.

You are right the N64 was not the best console but it is not as bad as some people make it out to be

The ps1 had over twice as many games released for it as opposed to the n64

Also the trident joypad need i say more:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

It was a little over 150 in total including delivery. You would spend more on a night out. Don't forget the extras this type of unit will give you like obscure game access (Bangai-O, Dezaemon 3D), homebrew, trainers and hacks (GoldeneyeX).

Alternatively you could go with the everdrive64 to save cash - that works mostly fine but the GUI is basic and it doesn't support 100% of save types (like the old doc64). This new device 64drive seems to have it all.

Now I was ROBBED recently from http://www.digikey.com/ for the THS7314 amplifier chip to do the the latest RGB mod - it was 1.00 for the chip and they charged an extra 39 for the delivery!

Master of the Universe

You'd spend over €150 on a night out? No recession in your house anyway :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

You'd spend over €150 on a night out? No recession in your house anyway :p

I thought it was just me :o That'd keep me going for weeks! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I like the idea of having a cart that lets you play every game on the original hardware in the case of say the SNES or the Mega Drive but when it comes to N64 or PSOne I'd much rather an emulator. Better framerates and proper AA make a massive difference.

Advertisement