Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 121/856)

Options
  • 07-08-2011 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Does anyone know if there is a requirement to work with the employer who nominates you for a specific period of time with this visa?

With the 457, I understand there to be a contractual obligation between the two parties - does this apply here also? Or is it simply that the 856 grants Permanent Residency and presumably you can work for whoever you want then?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Norinoco

Hi OP, I just got my ENS 856 a couple of months ago...

I paid for my own visa and no longer have any visa ties to my company. I can leave whenever I want and start in another company without any issues.

I believe if your company pays for your ENS visa, then you may be required to pay some of the fees back if you leave within a specific period of time.

Just check with your employer before you start down the track of the ENS to be sure...make sure your contract isn't altered to add it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

I would be one of the few around here who used to have an ENS 856 myself, bottom line is that once it's granted you are a PR and the Conditions on the visa is stamped as NIL the same as a 175.

But I would not say that you are free to leave the very next day as that would look like visa fraud, but if you were to work 6 months I cannot see any issue with having your visa revoked. I left after 18 months but I already had done 3 years on a 457 with the same crowd and it was time to move on.

Some employers will get you to sign a contract that if you leave within the 3 years you reimburse them the cost of the Nomination, Agent visa costs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭linola_c

Great thanks - I am going de facto on my boyfriend's visa and we are hoping to do this one. He has no plans to leave the company who are nominating him but it is a nice security to have the PR sorted.

Norinoco- can i ask how long yours took to process?

Advertisement