Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-Paid Visa

Options
  • 07-08-2011 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi,

I am wanting to cut up my visa card, and get a pre-paid visa. Does anybody know the pros and cons of having a pre-paid visa, and how you go about getting one?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

antopanto wrote: »
    Hi,

I am wanting to cut up my visa card, and get a pre-paid visa. Does anybody know the pros and cons of having a pre-paid visa, and how you go about getting one?:confused:
    Can you open a bank account that uses a visa debit card . I opened an account with ulster bank just to get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭antopanto

Well, I am trying to close down my Visa, and my bank account. I used to bank with EBS, but since they algamated with AIB, they are going to put the boot into account holders with an array of banking fees.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

antopanto wrote: »
    Well, I am trying to close down my Visa, and my bank account. I used to bank with EBS, but since they algamated with AIB, they are going to put the boot into account holders with an array of banking fees.:mad:
    Ya but with ulster bank its a visa DEBIT card it only uses the funds in your current account so you shouldnt be able to get into debt if you have no overdraft set up . you will need a bank account with someone sooner or later for a job etc so get one which offers a visa debit card.

Advertisement