Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On the cusp of broke - please help

Options
  • 07-08-2011 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi All,

I am not sure that this is the right place to post.

Without going into the sob story, I went abroad 2 years ago for work. At first, things went well - but over the last few months I've suffer a series of small but not insignificant financial set backs, and now find myself on the cusp of disaster.

- I lost a bit of rental income back home - which of course I cannot prove to the bank (€200)
    - I am no longer entitled to child benefit for my daughter (€250)
    - Interest rates have gone up and the exchange rate for me sending money home has gone down (€100)
    - MBNA have changed their terms of payment and now repayements have gone from about €100 to € 200 (€100)
    - My kids school fees have gone up (about €50)

Altogether, I am done about €700..... so I;ve been resorting to credit cards to make ends meet, and now they are approaching maxed out.

Most of my debts are with one lender, including credit cards (AIB) but before I approach AIB I would like to get some idea of what to expect them to say - in order to better nogotiate with them. Any hints or advice etc.?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

Advertisement