Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

teaching IT

• 07-08-2011 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

Hi - does anyone here teach IT and what course could you do that would qualify/enable you to teach it?..I am a teacher and am not concerned about the TC approval...just a course that would give some basis in it
    TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,994 ✭✭✭doc_17

The JEB Diploma in ICT is what you're after

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭mick kk

thanks doc.

hi again. Has anyone on here done this course and would you recommend it? I have been looking at doing it in kilkenny but can't seem to find anywhere that offers it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

Do you need to get a qualification for it or is it that you just want to do something because you've found yourself teaching it and are a little out of your depth? I've taught IT in every school I've worked in (just a couple of classes a week for the most part) without any qualification just because I have enough experience with computers to do so.
    Currenlty, I imagine very few schools will worry too much about your IT qualifications unless they want you to teach IT as your primary subject or to manage their computer systems in general as well as teach.

I am not teaching it this year. I am just interested in doing a course in the evenings for the cv and something that might lead to some evening work/summer work elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

Fair enough. There are probably lots of part-time courses out there that will help you there. Best of luck with it.

Advertisement