Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haruhi Suzumiya Manga & Light Novels.

Options
  • 07-08-2011 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

Hey all. After seeing all the anime episodes and movie I have been wanting to get into the manga. I want to pick it up where the movie left off but I'm unsure exactly where this is, or what chapter etc.

Ive done a good bit of research and it seems that volume 9 (which is unreleased?) is where the movie finished up but there is also 3 extra chapters in volume 8 & 9 that weren't animated called "parallel side story: 1, 2 & 3". Also in Volume 6 there seems to be a chapter that wasn't included in the anime (or maybe I just have terrible memory) called Tales from The Thousand Lakes?

I understand that currently I think up to volume 14 has been released in Japan but not in the West, am I right? Are these perhaps scanlated and available for torrent/ddl anywhere online? I have searched many manga sites and other places but can't even seem to find the first few volume translated.

Also with the light novels, which one of these picks up after the movie and are they translated anywhere at all? I don't want to re-read all the episodes I have already watched.

I'm just a bit confused with all the content I don't really know where to look, so any help with this would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭megaten

The movies covers up to volume 4.

Advertisement