Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions about offers

Options
  • 07-08-2011 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I still haven't heard from CAO, is there a chance I could still be offered a place? I've applied for Social Care in Waterford and Cork. I read that the leaving cert offers come out on the 22nd, is that my next/last opportunity? And will I even be included/considered in that round of offers. Sorry about the amount of questions, I'm just really concerned and can't seem to get answers anywhere.

Thanks very much in advance
    x

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

You will only be considered if you indicated on your application that you wised to be considered both as a mature candidate and also on the basis of your leaving cert.

Here is a guide to the CAO rounds https://www.cao.ie/help_files/round_dates.php

If your not successful this year contact the colleges themselves they both should have access courses, which if completed will allow you to enter into the first year of your chosen course. I know this is not ideal, but it better than not going at all talk to the access officer to talk through your options they will have a good understanding of the system and should be able to advise you of your options, grants, beta etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

You will only be considered if you indicated on your application that you wised to be considered both as a mature candidate and also on the basis of your leaving cert.

That's not exactly true, if you satisfy the Leaving Cert criteria,(ie have enough points) you'll be automatically considered in the next round offers along with all the other candidates that pass the matriculation requirements. despite the need to tick the box on the CAO form, mature student status is automatically applied to anyone over 23 and just means in most incidents, that applicants are not required to satisfy the normal matriculation requirements and are not required to meet competitive academic entry levels, e.g., Leaving Certificate points, but are considered in the first instance on the basis of how relevant their life, work and educational experiences are to the course(s) that they wish to pursue.
    good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭Underground

I applied as a non traditional student (im 20) to business management in DIT.Anyway,i did my interview for the course and about a week later received a letter from the college saying that they will offer me a place in August as long as this course was number 1 on my preference list(which it is).

Was under the assumption that this was a round zero offer but i have no offers in my application,do i have to wait untill the 22nd?Thinking i might just have to ring them up..

Advertisement