Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cao deadline, can i transfer?

Options
  • 07-08-2011 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

got 580 in my l.cert in 2010.
    took a year out.
    put enviromental science in sligo it down as first choice in cao.
    however i now want to go to galway instead and do the same course in nuig.
    the cao deadline has passed.
    what can i do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

It's too late to do anything, CAO deadline was July 1st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 cor1.3

if i start the course in sligo would there be a possibility of transfering to galway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 cor1.3

bump, anyone any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ponta

http://www.nuigalway.ie/admissions/transfer/index.html - this page has information about transfers in NUI Galway. For transfers to second and subsequent years of courses, it includes a transfer application form and a PDF about transfers in science.

Transfer to first year of course in Galway:
    I don't know if it's possible to transfer to first year of a course in another third level institution.
    Maybe you should contact the NUI Galway admissions office.

From page 3 of CAO Handbook: 'If you wish to apply for transfer to the initial year of a
    course in another HEI, and in some cases in your own
    HEI, you should normally apply through CAO.
    Please note that such transfer applications are conditional
    on you complying with the requirements of the relevant
    HEIs in relation to transfers.
    You must contact the Admissions Office of the HEIs
    concerned for details of those requirements.'

Transferring to second year of the course:
    You might be able to transfer to second year of environmental science in Galway though after you have finished first year in Sligo. However,
    'Transfer into Denominated Programmes is strictly within existing quotas and depends therefore on vacancies arising within those programmes.' So someone would probably have to drop out before second year for you to get a place. The best thing to do for this option would be to contact the programme director (Dr Mike Gormally - details on the page for environmental science on the NUI Galway website) for more information.

Advertisement