Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you Spanish and want to improve your english?

Options
  • 07-08-2011 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi all,

I am looking for someone who would like to improve their english in exchange for teaching me Spanish. It would simpy be done by chatting over a tea/ coffee/sake..... whatever you want, a couple of times a week. I figure its a great (and most importantly) a free way to learn a language. I have basic spanish and need some help.

Thanks guys :-)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from N&F.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭niallcon4re

I am not the person you are looking for (Irish guy studying hard 18 months) but maybe if a few native speakers are around we can get a group of 5 or 6 to sit around a coffe shop (or a bar) for a couple of hours?

Not quite the 1 on 1 you wanted but sometimes for vocabulary it is good to have people with different interests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Luiso

You could count on me. I'm spanish and have been living in Ireland for two months, so I'd like to meet people and practice English. Of course we'd converse in Spanish too so you can practice my language :)

Where do you live guys?

I have a car and don't mind to move to see new places on weekends...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Do not spam this thread please.

I will leave this open for the minute as intercambios are a great way to practice languages, but if you post advertising classes you will be infracted.

Also, be careful of posting personal details on the internet. PM your mobile numbers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭S Connor

Have you guys ever looked at www.meetup.com ? They get togther once a week in Dublin City Centre to speak Spanish. It's not a class it's an intercambio so you do need some level of Spanish or you would find it quite difficult.

• Advertisement

Should have said they alternate meetup nights. Tuesday night one week and Wednesday night the next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nujm

Hii everyone,

If someone are still looking for a language exchange with a spanish man, let know me please.

bye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 danimunyi

I am a Spanish guy, and I'm living in Dublin. I've just arrived so I don't know a lot of people. I would like to help you with Spanish language.

If someone is interested in chat sessions or something similar, please send me a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 13 spaniard_dub

Hi, Im also interested in an exchange spanish-english group, i have quite a few people already on board too. email me if you would like to join us :)

S Connor wrote: »
    Have you guys ever looked at www.meetup.com ? They get togther once a week in Dublin City Centre to speak Spanish. It's not a class it's an intercambio so you do need some level of Spanish or you would find it quite difficult.

Hi again. I just noticed I didn't actually leave the full web address for this meetup its http://www.meetup.com/dublines/ There are about 20 of us meeting up tonight and we usually have a good laugh if anyone wants to join us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Brian D H

El lunes que viene (5 de marzo) es el primer evento de spanglish en dublin. Va a empezar a las 6 en D2 en Harcourt St. Habra mucho gente alla y esperamos que vosotros podrèis venir tambien. Ven y practica tu espanol/ingles! no hay mejor forma de aprender a hablar un idioma que hablar con un nativo de la lengua que estas aprendiendo!

Next Monday (5th of March) is the first Spanglish event in Dublin! It starts at 6pm in D-two on Harcourt Street. Already a big crowd is expected. Come along and get practising your English/Spanish! There is no better way to learn than speaking with natives in an organised and easy going manner!!

Hope to see you all there!! :-)

http://www.facebook.com/spanglishdublin

Advertisement