Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony DTT Saorview PVR on Argos Catelogue

Options
  • 07-08-2011 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭

Starting a new thread to alert you on the Sony SVR-HDT500 DTT PVR for €429.99. It is advertised by argos to be a Saorview box but it is not listed on the Saorview.ie as an approved product. HDD capacity not stated but can record up to 300hrs SD or 125 hrs HD and has a twin tuner. Did anybody buy this product? It is pretty expensive. Ref Autumn/Winter 2011 pg 531.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

It is outrageously expensive! Wonder how it was tested as Saorview don't have series link or any of the other features which would be needed by a full PVR to work properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

Tested in the lab I presume.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

I'm pretty certain that this is the PVR I e mailed Sony about and they replied telling me it was definitely not Saorview compatible. See - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056249656 (post #9)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

sesswhat wrote: »
    Tested in the lab I presume.
    I suspect more that the Argos catalogue was going to print and someone took a leap of faith and assumed that the PVR would pass;). The test files which found their way onto boards at some stage did not contain any CRID data which would be needed to test PVR functions. I thought that maybe something was happening recently in that area when the EventId numbering was changed on the EPG data, but nothing seemed to come of it.

Advertisement