Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting Strength... Let the Fun Begin

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

How's your form on the overhead press, man? If you're benching 75kg for reps I'd have though a 50kg press wouldn't be much of a problem. A crooked bar path will really screw you over on this lift.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭marathonic

Pace2008 wrote: »
    How's your form on the overhead press, man? If you're benching 75kg for reps I'd have though a 50kg press wouldn't be much of a problem. A crooked bar path will really screw you over on this lift.

That's a good question - I think my form's right but, then again, so does everyone. For that reason, I'll be checking it out early next year - either via videos posted online or some Personal Training sessions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭marathonic

Just a quick update - I arrived back from my 3 week holiday 2 weeks ago. Despite my intention to do a little excercise over there to keep fit, I ended up only doing one 3-mile jog :mad:

On returning, I had put on 7lbs but, over the past fortnight, have lost 4lbs of that. This was done via diet/cycling/jogging.

I sprained my wrist whilst away and have been avoiding the weights. I do notice the range of motion before any pain becoming better over the past few days. However, as I expect I'll be doing very little over the Xmas period, I'm considering just avoiding weights completely until the New Year.

For now, I'll focus on building my jogging up to 5 miles (I'm new to jogging and am currently at 4 miles) and "trying" to keep the diet in check. This should allow me to be at a low bodyfat level in January and I can focus on a bulk.

This is my plan for the New Year (if the weather is good, I'll be cycling to/from work and removing the Monday run):

Monday: 5 mile run
    Tuesday: Weight training
    Wednesday: Off
    Thursday: Weight training
    Friday: Off
    Saturday: AM: Weight training / PM: 5 mile Run
    Sunday: Interval or Hill Session (running)

Advertisement