Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need advice please

Options
  • 07-08-2011 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

hi im 37 years old and got a very bad problem with my teeth i have 7 false teeth atm. but my problem is getting worse iv got no confidence what so ever i cant smile with my friends and laugh at there jokes its a total mess. im depressed for years thinking about it i cant living a normal life i cant get a girlfriend atm with no confidence. i even lost girlfriends because of no confidence. im unemployed i got no savings nothing. iv been looking all week on the internet to see if there is any help for me out there but no luck thats why im in here asking if anyone knows please help. thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭georgieporgy

got a medical card? if yes, just go along to a dentist for a "free" checkup and say all that to him. He/she will explain all the options. At least then you'll know what can be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Dublin Dental Hospital......you will wait some time for restorative treatment, but you will get there in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 marlyhigh

thanks ppl iv just lost another 2 teeth what a mess :( i need to face up to it and get help but its very hard to go down to see them , i know it cant be any worse than the way im living and look atm but i need courage its not easy :((
    thank you

hi just to inform ya i got appointment with dentist and doctor on monday, he said i dont need to pay for a plate because of my medic card which will help alot i guess till the doctor can improve me and hopelful get some screw in ones with i would love to have, but im not fussy atm once i look so what ok and can smile its a great start . thank you for your input helped alot believe me bacause hardest thing is to talk about it to anyone so thx :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

marlyhigh wrote: »
    hi just to inform ya i got appointment with dentist and doctor on monday, he said i dont need to pay for a plate because of my medic card which will help alot i guess till the doctor can improve me and hopelful get some screw in ones with i would love to have, but im not fussy atm once i look so what ok and can smile its a great start . thank you for your input helped alot believe me bacause hardest thing is to talk about it to anyone so thx :)

hi i didn't think a dental plate was covered on a medical card. . can you let me know if it is or not. .

• Advertisement

hi when my sister rang up the dentist she was told that i was entitled to a plate every 5 years on a medic card and asked if i paid for my own one and of course i paid for it , anyway im entitled to have the nhs to pay for my new one and evry 5 years after. plus i'll know for certain what im entitled to on thurday as i will be see a different dentist my doctor has gotten for me . :) ..

i will let you know more thurday evening .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

marlyhigh wrote: »
    hi when my sister rang up the dentist she was told that i was entitled to a plate every 5 years on a medic card and asked if i paid for my own one and of course i paid for it , anyway im entitled to have the nhs to pay for my new one and evry 5 years after. plus i'll know for certain what im entitled to on thurday as i will be see a different dentist my doctor has gotten for me . :) ..

i will let you know more thurday evening .

NHS or HSE??

sorry yes HSE :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

sorry, you're not entitled to a denture from the HSE on the med card.
    you can ask your dentist to seek approval for you to get one, but it's not guaranteed. it depends on the area where you are, and how much the local HSE budget is, and probably what side of the bed the guy who makes the decision got out of that morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

you entitled to the first visit consultation paid for by medical card

also 2 fillings and 2 extractions per year,and a denture every 5 years. thats what ive been told, your dentist will have to send off for approval for a denture which is a nightmare,im waiting 2 and a half months now and still no reply from them,having to walk around missing front teeth is a nightmare,just pray nobody starts a conversation with you lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

CyberJuice wrote: »
    you entitled to the first visit consultation paid for by medical card

also 2 fillings and 2 extractions per year,and a denture every 5 years. thats what ive been told, your dentist will have to send off for approval for a denture which is a nightmare,im waiting 2 and a half months now and still no reply from them,having to walk around missing front teeth is a nightmare,just pray nobody starts a conversation with you lol.

there is no limit to the amount of extractions that you need, until you just run out of teeth. you are entitled to seek a denture every 5 years, but that does not mean that you're entitled to it.
    if you've been waiting that long, then it's safe to assume you haven't got approval.

Advertisement