Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb broadband?

• 28-11-2004 12:11pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Im stil awaiting broadband here in Monasterevin and no news on exchange getting upgraded.
    Well im peed off waiting for what is years now.
    I want BB for gaming mostly and downloading ofcourse.
    Currently im on 64k isdn which is fine for gaming but only 7 kbps downloading.
    Would you guys recomend digiweb for myuses?
    Its expensive @ €100 a month but im willing to pay this much for always on fast connection.
    Right now i cant go online until after 6pm as im on no-limits where i have to pay going phone call rate for time online before 6pm.
    Its a right pain tbh.
    Advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Im on isdn also trying to get digiweb at my house also. Was just wondering is your no limits mean you can stay on the net from after 6pm in the day until 8am in the morning with isdn ?. And who? and how much do you pay ?

I was also looking at the 100euro option and i think its about 1400euro to get it in, in the first place ? not sure about that but over all its not worth it unless you have someone else in the family that will cheap in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hi charlie,im on no-limits service for about 3 years now from iol.
    Apparently some folk were bootedfrom the service couple of years back.
    I can be online from 6pm to 8am for flatrate of €25 per month plus my isdn rental of €38 per month which includes existing phone line rental.
    The initial outlay for digiweb is crazy but at this stage im desperate,if it will yield nice pings ingame and nice download speed im very tempted.
    Ill see ifsome users reply here anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

they do throttle users! so if you want downloading then no! (don't you tell me they don't! I'm on their 1meg line and I get 15kb/s on every p2p!, also talked to their tech support and the guy told me himself they p2p gets throttled! and sometimes even http!)

their pings are pretty decent though!

Advertisement