Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone warranty or repair (Xtra-vision)

Options
  • 07-08-2011 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I bought a Nokia phone from Xtra-vision 11 months ago. About two months after I bought it the screen cracked inside. I lost the receipt for it but recently found it. Do I have any type of warranty on it or can Xtra-vision repair it for me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,496 ✭✭✭✭guil

the screen probably isnt covered by warranty and depending on the phone it might be cheaper to get a new one than get it repaired

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭Joe Public

You would have a 1 year warranty from Nokia and this may very well be covered. Bring it back to Xtravision or go to one of the Nokia repair shops, you don't have to go to Xtravision.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

To be honest, while you can try your luck, the odds are that unless you purchased insurance/accidental damage protection with the phone, it won't be covered. For one thing, it's highly unlikely that you can attribute the screen cracking to a manufacturing defect, and even if you could, going back to them almost a year after purchase, even though it happened within 2 months (which they only have your word for) would make that even harder to do.

This might also be more suited to Consumer Issues....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Your contract is with Xtravision and it is up to them to sort it out if your phone is not fit for purpose.

I have never seen a warranty repair on a cracked screen.

Your probably better off chancing your arm with mprc:

http://www.mprc.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29&Itemid=42

Advertisement