Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custys

• 07-08-2011 8:04pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is the shop near(very near) somewhere to park?Also is there a loo nearby?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Is the shop near(very near) somewhere to park?Also is there a loo nearby?
    Custy's is located on a lane off O'Connell Street in Ennis, depending on the time of day you could get parking on O'Connell Street. The other option is to park in Dunnes Stores Carpark, walk through the store and you're on to O'Connell Street. There are toilets in Dunnes :)

If you plan on parking on O'Connell Street, I'd say early morning would be best, ask John in Custy's and he should be able to advise you.

http://www.custysmusic.com/contact-us.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Sure isn't Custys a public toilet already?

Sure isn't Custys a public toilet already?
    Not since John installed the anti p1ssing device :pac: :pac:

http://www.clarechampion.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=620:urine-warden-proposed-for-ennis&catid=74:general&Itemid=60

I know. I was taking the proverbial.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'm not living in Ennis, so I have no idea what's going on. Someone fill me in?

• Advertisement

I'm not living in Ennis, so I have no idea what's going on. Someone fill me in?
    Okay, John O'Connor owns a Irish Traditional Music shop which is located on a lane just off O'Connell Street in Ennis. For over three and a half years he used to have to clean up every Monday morning after people who urinated outside his shop. He was so fed up of cleaning up, he decided to install an anti p1ssing device that delivered an electric shock to anyone who peed outside his shop.

custys-cctv2.jpg

http://www.clarechampion.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=506:shock-awaits-tipplers-who-urinate-in-ennis-lane&catid=74:general&Itemid=60

Pretty sure it's just a marketing gimmick. As I recall the story was Sky News and got a bit of other international coverage? He only had it hooked up for a day or so before he had to turn if off in case anybody sued but he keeps up the sign and the pretence that it's still in operation.

A friend of mine peed on it the evening it went up as a dare and emerged unscathed. The expensive camera system couldn't seem to decipher who he was anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

They already tried that on Mythbusters - there is no way for current to travel up a stream of liquid. In slow motion you can see that the stream is not connected and the droplets are too far apart for electricity to even jump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

CptSternn wrote: »
    They already tried that on Mythbusters - there is no way for current to travel up a stream of liquid. In slow motion you can see that the stream is not connected and the droplets are too far apart for electricity to even jump.

I beg to differ, my understanding is that were the current to be strong enough, it certainly could electrocute. I used to work on the railway in the UK and I believe were anyone to pee on the live electric conductor rails (750v) still used to power trains on the lines radiating out South of London, it would be strong enough to electrocute!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

Jim Martin wrote: »
    I beg to differ, my understanding is that were the current to be strong enough, it certainly could electrocute. I used to work on the railway in the UK and I believe were anyone to pee on the live electric conductor rails (750v) still used to power trains on the lines radiating out South of London, it would be strong enough to electrocute!

You can't argue with science.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MythBusters_%282003_season%29#Peeing_on_the_Third_Rail

They even revisited the myth in a later episode because so many people emailed and thought they must have done something wrong, but alas, the results were the same.

They did say however if you crouched down and position yourself within a couple inches of the rail and then pee on it, it could give you a shock, but it is all about distance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement