Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

475 Visa for Australia

Options
  • 07-08-2011 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hey every one.

We are looking at moving in 2012 to perth on a 475 visa for skilled migrants.

Has anybody applied for this or been granted this.

I am trying to source through all the agents who deal and have been working with

www.workpermits.com

but I am trying to use a good irish company.

There was a list I found on this board, and was wondering if anyone has had any luck, how much they paid, how was the waiting times?

Any info would be great guys and girls

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

That's a skilled regional (provisional) sponsorship visa, you need to be sponsored by a relative and live in a specified area. It is points based and you need to pass 65 points, costs $2960 and can take up to a couple of years to process.

If you don't have a sponsoring relative you can get state sponsorship by one of the states but you have to meet the requirements to be nominated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 emmacollins7

mandrake04 wrote: »
    That's a skilled regional (provisional) sponsorship visa, you need to be sponsored by a relative and live in a specified area. It is points based and you need to pass 65 points, costs $2960 and can take up to a couple of years to process.

If you don't have a sponsoring relative you can get state sponsorship by one of the states but you have to meet the requirements to be nominated.

Hi, I have a similar question. I need to have my skills assessed and was wondering if anyone knows or has had experience with getting their skills assessed?

I'm an interior architect so I'm wondering will the Architects Accreditation Council Of Australia recognise my skill? I don't want to fork out money I don't have if there is another assessing body that will recognise my skills. Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Emma in the FAQ there is a list of assessing bodies there are no other bodies that can assess your skills.

Zambia wrote: »
    Emma in the FAQ there is a list of assessing bodies there are no other bodies that can assess your skills.

Hi Zambia, thanks for the reply. Where in the FAQ is the list and I'm assuming you mean the ones on Boards.ie?

Thanks, :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Hi, I have a similar question. I need to have my skills assessed and was wondering if anyone knows or has had experience with getting their skills assessed?

I'm an interior architect so I'm wondering will the Architects Accreditation Council Of Australia recognise my skill? I don't want to fork out money I don't have if there is another assessing body that will recognise my skills. Thanks :)

You could ask Mellor that's his game

• Advertisement

OK, thanks a mill :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Hi Zambia, thanks for the reply. Where in the FAQ is the list and I'm assuming you mean the ones on Boards.ie?

Thanks, :)
    Who recognises my skills.
    Choose your skill and have a look here http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/

From this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056170937

Have fun

Advertisement