Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie: Beara Penninsula - Pier Options

Options
  • 07-08-2011 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Anglers,
    What options have I got for pier fishing on the Beara? I am travelling on my own the rock fishing options though brilliant look a risky without company. I prefer the pier fishing to be honest anyway...:)

What pier options have I got - castletownbere for example? Any insights into species, baits, local tips?

Pearse

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mattcullen

search for dromgowlane house b&b on the internet and give Paul Harriss ( the owner) a call. He runs a tackle shop and b&b and is very helpfull

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

There is a small pier beside the Dursey Sound cable car that i have gotten good pollock from float fishing and spinning, also if you try the Department of Defense pier I have had some great fishing theres spinning for mackerel, and bottom fishing for dog's, ray, Huss and Conger, I've float fished for wrasse, pouting, pollock, Mackerel, whiting, Beara is alive with fish,

have a look here for some more information:

http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/shore%20-%20cork%20-%20west.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 PierPeerPearse

Thanks everyone. Tight lines.

Advertisement