Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failing math?

• 07-08-2011 9:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭

Okay im starting to get a little worried now and i just want to know what stands if worse comes to worse. I have applied to only one college (ITB Blanch) its the only place I really wanted to go and its handy as I live very close. If I fail my maths does this mean i cant get in? No way around? will they allow you a repeat exam? Or will I just have to do my whole leaving cert again? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Depends on the matriculation requirements for the course you've applied to. If it requires a pass grade in OL maths or above, then if you fail maths you won't get a place in that course this year. It's up to you then what you want to do, repeating is an option. Some colleges and universities hold seperate exams for students who failed to meet the maths matriculation requirement (UL is an example).

To check the matriculation requirements of your course, you can either search for it on www.qualifax.ie or contact the college. You'd probably have to contact the college to find out if they hold exams for people who didn't meet the maths requirement.

Best of luck! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,627 ✭✭✭TheBody

You really need to talk to your career guidence teacher about this. Depending on the course you have applied for, you may need a minimum maths grade. It may be that the couse does not require you to pass maths.

Anyway, good luck and try your best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

if you failed Maths but got the points needed, then you can repeat Maths next year without having to sit the entire Leaving Cert. As Maths is a requirement to qualify for course entry, you need the pass/required grade in order to become eligible. Points have to be used from one sitting only so if you fail Maths but get X points, you can resit Maths next year and still use your X points from this year

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭begsy

Iceboy wrote: »
    Okay im starting to get a little worried now and i just want to know what stands if worse comes to worse. I have applied to only one college (ITB Blanch) its the only place I really wanted to go and its handy as I live very close. If I fail my maths does this mean i cant get in? No way around? will they allow you a repeat exam? Or will I just have to do my whole leaving cert again? :confused:

I am the exact same.. seriously thinking i failed maths..(project maths). had you the new or old maths course.? I'want to go to the it in tralee but i need to pass OL maths to get in.. If i fail i will crack up.. :( Probably the main reason I want my results now.. I hope you pass your maths and get your chosen course.. Best of luck..:)

Advertisement