Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price Comparisons

Options
  • 07-08-2011 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

Was at the Kingdom Hall last night in Kilkeel, a Garth Brooks night was on 3 pints and a vodka and coke £7 00
    in my local same drink costs £12 40,
    was down at Druids Glen in Wicklow for a few days a pint and a whiskey cost 10 euro, in Greystones a special dinner offer was on display 18.50 euro, dinner in Canal Court Newry £7 50,Kilmoray Arms in Kilkeel a good dinner £4 95 turkey and ham plenty of spuds and veg with it as well,makes you wonder don't it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Are all of the above establishments catering for the same demographic & serving a similar quality of food/providing a similar level of service?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

Are all of the above establishments catering for the same demographic & serving a similar quality of food/providing a similar level of service?

The Kingdom hall is a gaelic club,Druids Glen and Castle Court are 4/5 star hotels
    Kilmoray Arms a 3 star hotel,there was a cover charge at the Kindom of £6 still the drink was worth it, as was the night

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

There's no comparison to be made between a GAA club bar & the bar in Druid's Glen. These are two completely different operations catering to different clientel & with vastly different operating costs - which would of course have an impact on their respective pricing.

Also, you don't say what the was served in the 'special dinner' for €18.50 when you compare it to the turkey & ham dinner. Was the Greystones establishment a restaurant? Did you dine in the bar or the restaurant in the Northern Irish hotels?

I don't really see the point you are trying to make tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

There's no comparison to be made between a GAA club bar & the bar in Druid's Glen. These are two completely different operations catering to different clientel & with vastly different operating costs - which would of course have an impact on their respective pricing.

Also, you don't say what the was served in the 'special dinner' for €18.50 when you compare it to the turkey & ham dinner. Was the Greystones establishment a restaurant? Did you dine in the bar or the restaurant in the Northern Irish hotels?

I don't really see the point you are trying to make tbh.

When i seen dinner special i took to my heels like a bat outta hell,yes it was a restuarant, the point i am trying to make is the vast difference in prices north and south of the border especially when eating out,drinking ,holidays etc, it seems to be a rip off all the way

Advertisement