Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old People...

Options
  • 07-08-2011 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭

Holding hands.

Nothing warms this miserable sows heart more, than seeing old people happy together :)

Awwwww.

old-people-holding-hands-e12900530206226.jpg

old-ppl-holdin-hands1.jpg?w=300&h=237

old-couple-250x300_large.jpg?1307592761

old+couple.jpg

elderly-love.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

That's the dream! To get to that age with your partner and still be madly in love.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Bog

Couples-react-after-entering-in-a-Same-Sex-Marriage-in-New-York.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

That's the dream! To get to that age with your partner and still be badly in love.

Yeah it seems fairly rare these days that couples can stay together and be happy for so long, most middle aged couples seem like John & Mary from Fr. Ted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭red_red_wine

Seeing those pictures instantly improved my mood :)

Is it just me, or is the old people hand-holding far more prevalent in continental Europe? While it seems a rare sight here, I was recently on holiday in Spain and every second elderly couple that passed seemed to be holding hands... (that could of course also be down to the good-mood holiday vibes, putting all couples into lovey-dovey mood.)

My mam noted that it was very sweet; my dad in typical romantic Irishman style responded with 'Hold your hand? Jaysus, don't want leprosy Dorothy!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

old,love-5fea0f7d11e492208067da499e1c9c13_m.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭pixie_dust

It's also lovely when old people smile at you when you pass them on street. You can't help but like smiley old people.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭SarahMs

This is a lovely thread.

I have never seen love as strong as my grandparens, long story short, my granny was a ww2 survivor and when she met my grandad on a beach and the first thing he said to her was will you marry me and she nodded yes coz she knew no english. She stayed in ireland and he never let her work a day in her life, didn't cook,clean nothing. He knew He was going to die and wrote her a little instruction manual on things like how to make tea and hot water bottles coz she literally had NO clue. It was the cutest book ever, with memories and stories and warnings 'don't leave the cooker unattended' I have never seen a woman so heartbroken.

Advertisement