Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!WANTED! Ac power adaptor for KINECT for Xbox 360

Options
  • 07-08-2011 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi I purchased the kinect for Xbox today and after explaining to the girl in Game in blanch that I have the original Xbox 360 and I need the necessary cable to power it using my console. She put a cable in it n it was the USB wifi adaptor extension cable!!

So long story short, I require an ac power adaptor for the kinect so I can play it.

Does anyone know someone who has one they r not using? Anyone selling one? Please..... :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

you can get one for around 12e incl pp on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Howler08 wrote: »
    Hi I purchased the kinect for Xbox today and after explaining to the girl in Game in blanch that I have the original Xbox 360 and I need the necessary cable to power it using my console. She put a cable in it n it was the USB wifi adaptor extension cable!!

So long story short, I require an ac power adaptor for the kinect so I can play it.

Does anyone know someone who has one they r not using? Anyone selling one? Please..... :(

Use adverts.ie to place a "wanted" ad, not here. This forum is NOT for buying and selling!

Any more discussion about buying or selling an AC adapter will result in someone getting banned.

However, please free free to point the OP in the right direction where to buy one cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

why dont you go back to game

the girl may have misunderstood you or not have known much about kinect
    it would be a good idea to go to a different person

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Con_R

Well did you buy the Kinect as part of a console bundle or on it's own? Because if you buy the sensor on it's own it is definitely supposed to have the power supply included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

Howler08 wrote: »

Seriously why aren't you going back to Game and getting what you paid for?? As said above it should have been included if you bought it as a standalone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Unless you bought it second hand it comes with the power adaptor. If yours doesn't that means someone opened it or it was not packaged in error at production level. Either way go back to GAME

• Registered Users Posts: 48 0kee

Hi,
    Just to follow up on this. Does anybody know where to get one in Dublin (Ac power/usb adaptor for KINECT), I've tried Peats and Gamestop. I see them on ebay and amazon but I need to get it within the next couple of days. I bought the bundle but I want to try the microsoft SDk so I need to connect it to my laptop.
    Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

0kee wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just to follow up on this. Does anybody know where to get one in Dublin (Ac power/usb adaptor for KINECT), I've tried Peats and Gamestop. I see them on ebay and amazon but I need to get it within the next couple of days. I bought the bundle but I want to try the microsoft SDk so I need to connect it to my laptop.
    Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

I may have one, let me get back to you....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

When I worked in Game, all Kinects came with adapters for older consoles in their box. I guess thats no longer the case :confused:

Advertisement