Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

stupidly innocent things you did as a kid

• 07-08-2011 11:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

When I was 7 I visited crag caves, and reached over a railing when nobody was looking and touched a staligmite. A lot of clay came off onto my hand. Later in my teens I found out this would have taken decades to form just this amount and Iv been feeling guilty about it ever since:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Jaysus you're mad! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Went to mass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Decades?

Centuries to form would be more correct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

i actually fancied older girls, i was a dirty little bugger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I kept trying to carry myself by grabbing the back of my legs and lifting. Took me waaaaay too long to figure out why I kept hitting the ground (damn you gravity!) and I also suspect that this is where my intermittent back pain has it's roots.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

When i was 4 i took chewing gum that i had found stuck to the road and peeled it off and started chewing it. My parents freaked out when they saw me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Two weeks before my brother's first holy communion I gave him a hair cut, a very bad one :(

He had been using my dad's hairbrush and I told him that his hair would go grey (I actually said white) like our dad. My brother started crying so to stop him crying I told him that I could cut his hair before it got a chance to go grey :(:(

My mother was not impressed, there are no framed photos of my brother's communion :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

At a hotel in Majorca (I think, possibly Malta) when I was five.

"Mommy, look! They left chocolate on the bed. Ooh! White chocolate!"
    "Tom, no! .. Oh God"

Yeah, it wasn't white chocolate, amazingly. I had suds coming out my mouth for hours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

My dad got sand delivered to do some building work in February when I was around 5, out I run in my swimsuit thinking it's summer and the beach has somehow come to us?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I used to think I could jump further than I could (misplaced hoptimism :pac:) .

Many walks home soaked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭fiinch

brummytom wrote: »

Yeah, it wasn't white chocolate, amazingly. I had suds coming out my mouth for hours

ah right, soap. there was me thinking you were licking leftover cum off the sheets.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 passion

I was a blonde child and my best friend at the time was brunnete. In order for us to be "twins" I drank a whole bottle of calpol thinking my hair would change the colour as the child on the bottle:) I then learned it came from a different kind of bottle and eventually got what i wanted:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

fiinch wrote: »
    ah right, soap. there was me thinking you were licking leftover cum off the sheets.

I thought the suds were from his mother washing his mouth out afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Kids are fucking stupid.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Once when I was on holidays in Portugal. I stayed in the hotel room while mum and dad went for a bite to eat. They told me they'd be right back, I haven't seen them in years......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

When I was 4 I found what I thought was a sausage in a pile of sand and went to show my babysitter. She started screaming at me to put the cat poo down :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

When i was 4 i took chewing gum that i had found stuck to the road and peeled it off and started chewing it. My parents freaked out when they saw me.

When I was in 2nd class (about 7 years old?), a pair of twins had started school (4 years old) and they had no sense as of yet.

What used to happen was that a lot of the older boys and girls would get penny sweets and scatter them on the concrete play area and watch the twins who would run around excitedly, scooping up the sweets and eating them.

It was like feeding the pigeons on Trafalgar square.

Once when I was on holidays in Spain. I stayed in the hotel room while mum and dad went for a bite to eat. They told me they'd be right back, I haven't seen them in years......
    It was Portugal.

At least get it right.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

When I had the tight elastic at the end of my tracksuits I always used to spend ages playing with the marks left by them, had great fun with it so I did :L

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Adhamh

I used to be given a vitamin C tablet daily, and the cover of the bottle depicted some wholesome children playing on a swing. Thinking that taking loads of these would increase my youthfulness and energy, I managed to guzzle the whole bottle of pills when my mother was in the garden.

My concerned mother quickly contacted some crowd like the National Poison Helpline for advice and was told not to worry, as the human body eventually just ejects the surplus vitamin C.

I have no recollection of this, but apparently I managed to coat the entire bathroom in the runniest layer of sh!te.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Kids are fucking stupid.
    so that means you were stupid when you were a kid

so that means you were stupid when you were a kid
    Yes. Yes I was.

In the weeks running up to Christmas my mam used to store bottles of whiskey, brandy, chocolates and boxes of sweets at the bottom of her wardrobe.

My brother and I found a large box of Lemon's sweets (the ones with the picture of Santa on the box) and we opened the box from underneath. Every night we would steal a few sweets from the box but the box looked perfectly intact. When we had eaten more than half the contents of the box we decided we needed to do something to make up for the lost weight, so we gathered pea gravel from the garden and started wrapping up the stones and putting them into the box.

My mother gave away that box of sweets stones as a present, I often wondered who received it :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

When I was 3 I put a load of pebbles up my nose that had to be surgically removed.

when i was round 8 i used to look up other guys shorts to see what colour undies they were wearing i was a horney bastard even at that young age
    Once when I was on holidays in Portugal. I stayed in the hotel room while mum and dad went for a bite to eat. They told me they'd be right back, I haven't seen them in years......
    did you stay in portugal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

Agreed to become an altar boy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭milkandsugar

My mother used to make buns which had icing sugar and jam on top. Me and my brother used to lick the tops and then put fresh jam back on them so our mother wouldn't notice. Tasty!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 passion

Superbus wrote: »
    When I was 3 I put a load of pebbles up my nose that had to be surgically removed.

I did this too. Wasn't pebbles, it was one those light bright things. you'd put a black sheet of paper over the light part and stick these bright coloured pegs into it and make them light. I must have thought the same thing would happen to me by sticking it up my nose but all i remember is the pain i was in when the doc put some contraption up my tiny nose to get it out. Wasnt bright!

when i was round 8 i used to look up other guys shorts to see what colour undies they were wearing i was a horney bastard even at that young age

did you stay in portugal?

Are you Scottish?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 ohnelly

I used to put sand in my hair just to pick it out! Very satisfying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

We use to swipe Hilti type bullets from a slaughterhouse up the road from our national school and set them off by dropping a cast iron shore drain on top of them. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

Oh some of these have really made me laugh.

I was out playing on the street when I was about 6 and I came across a used razor and decided to shave my face like my Dad did (even though I'm a girl) came into the house covered in blood. A trip to the hospital and a bollocking off my Mam and I was grand. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

I used to suck the snails in the garden.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

seanbmc wrote: »

Eeewwww, what did they taste like?:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

When I was about 10 I tightened the backs of my earrings so much that they actually went into my earlobes, earned myself a trip to hospital for that.

At about 6 I found some balloons in my parent's room and had a great time playing with them, though I wondered why they were all wet. My dad hid his condoms better after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

I robbed my gran's special turban-esque mass hat and wore it for a fancy dress competition. I went as Ali Baba.

Gran wasn't happy, nor was my mum who grounded me. Joke was on them, though...I won 1st prize! But seriously, RIP, Gran. That hat was the business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

I took an egg out of the fridge and put it on the radiator thinking that if it got warm enough it would hatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

seanbmc wrote: »

I used to have "pet" snails and flies. One day I left the snails in a bath of dirty water for too long and they all dissolved :( I was so upset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

When I was about four, I helped myself to a big spoonful of flour straight out of the bag, thinking it was sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

I used to think D'Olier st. was pronounced Dollyer Street. And Harcourt st. was Hardcore st.

Jesus, I was dense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

I tried to drink a mug of water through my nose. I could of been the first Irish kid found drowned in middle of a bedroom:D

Fremen wrote: »
    When I was about four, I helped myself to a big spoonful of flour straight out of the bag, thinking it was sugar.
    Even if you'd got the correct bag, that'd still be disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Karona wrote: »
    Eeewwww, what did they taste like?:eek:

Can't remember, I don't like snails now though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

My bedroom was upstairs and I used to have these hot chocolate sachets in my bedroom which I used to make with the hot water from the bathroom tap :o:o In fairness though I didn't realise I wasn't supposed to drink it!

I also once narrowly avoided getting hit by a train but that was the mothers fault for letting me play on the tracks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 froglet

i must have been evil.
    i sprayed loads of perfume into some tablet bottle thinking id posion my mother off!!!!!:eek:

When I was very young, I taught shoplifters were people who worked in shops and whose job it was to carry or lift bags for old people and pregnant women. :o:o:o:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭pawrick

Karona wrote: »
    Oh some of these have really made me laugh.

I was out playing on the street when I was about 6 and I came across a used razor and decided to shave my face like my Dad did (even though I'm a girl) came into the house covered in blood. A trip to the hospital and a bollocking off my Mam and I was grand. :D

I did similar around 5/6, got in to the shopping one day before it was put away, found dad's disposable razors and decided to have a dry shave - still have a scar on my face and vague memory of blood everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Lad I know used to suck on pieces of coal. Bit of an odd thing to do

Adhamh wrote: »
    I used to be given a vitamin C tablet daily, and the cover of the bottle depicted some wholesome children playing on a swing. Thinking that taking loads of these would increase my youthfulness and energy, I managed to guzzle the whole bottle of pills when my mother was in the garden.

My concerned mother quickly contacted some crowd like the National Poison Helpline for advice and was told not to worry, as the human body eventually just ejects the surplus vitamin C.

I have no recollection of this, but apparently I managed to coat the entire bathroom in the runniest layer of sh!te.
    i guess your full of sh!t then

MrsD007 wrote: »
    When I was very young, I taught shoplifters :o:o:o:o
    :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement