Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

stupidly innocent things you did as a kid

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Personally I think the most stupid thing I ever did was play chasing on the roofs of flats where we used to live when I was 7/8...dont know how any of us didnt end up dead.

That reminds me, when I was 13 / 14 a couple of friends and I started "Garden jumping", which is basically a race at night to go from one backyard to another without getting caught. We would start at the end of the street and work our way up to his place. Anyhoo, one night I tripped over a bird fountain and made a racket. I was nursing my shin with my friends making their way over the fences when I noticed the light of the house turn on and a shadow make it's way to the back door. I panicked, jumped up and ran to the fence, leapt onto the bench they had there, and put my foot through it. I jumped, grabbed the fence, pulled myself up on to the shed in the next garden, and then fell through it's roof. I lost that night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

When I was about 8, my neighbour, my 4 year old brother and I hacked one of my mothers plants to pieces with sticks because we thought it was a monster weed. It was in fact one of these
    http://aroidiaresearch.org/gageana3.jpg
    She was not pleased :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Oh yeah, and I ended up in A&E having a horse shoe cut off my neck as well at one stage.

:eek: how ? why ? no..dont answer..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Hellrazer wrote: »

Personally I think the most stupid thing I ever did was play chasing on the roofs of flats where we used to live when I was 7/8...dont know how any of us didnt end up dead.

Oh lord, that reminds me. Our apartment building when I was little was 8 floors high and we used to go to the stairs to play since the adults always took the elevator. We thought it was great fun to slide down the banisters. I am just amazed none of us fell and killed ourselves. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

I pulled the wing mirror off my a mini car parked outside my house,
    I was about 3years old, and I was pretending to be the hulk.

smacked on the ass and sent to bed for the day with no dinner :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 35 pimbeche

When i was about 7-8 in the school playground one lunchtime , we found a used condom on the ground. ( The school was in the town center , so i assume people sneaked it at night for drinking etc). Everyone was crowded around it looking , poking it with a stick , no one really knew what it was.

So , one of the girls in my class told me that it was some sort of animal , called a condom ( when I think back im amazed she knew the name!! ), and if it touched you or you got too close your leg would start itching .

Convinced this creature had infected me I started itching my leg furiously when we got back to class and was totally freaked out .

When it was time to go home , I went up to the teacher and told her: Miss , theres a condom on the ground over there and it touched me and now my leg is really itchy.

She was horrified to say the least. I can still remember her face to this day .
    I had a great laugh about it years later :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

Not me but my uncle.

This was in the sixties. They used to collect honey bee's in jars to see who could collect the most. My uncle got cross with my grand mother over something and let about 50 bee's off at her in the kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭susita06

I used to suck the rain water off of the gardden railings when I got thirsty from playing:o
    I also stuck a chubba chub lollipop stick in to the care ignition which then snapped as i tried to start up the car

Just remembered another thing actually, the mother used to give my two older sisters money to go to the shop on the condition that they brought me and my younger sister sweets too. For at least a year my sisters would convince us that on the way home they had dropped our bars and npow thye were covered in stones so we couldnt eat them.

They were actually Wham bars :rolleyes::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

When I was young we had a cat but I desperately wanted a dog. One day I put a rope around the his neck so I could walk him like dog.
    I found out that day that cat's don't like to be walked like dogs and they tend to freak out.
    As my cat struggled to break free, he unintentionally was tightening the 'noose' around his neck. When I tried to free him he scraped me bad so I let go of the rope.
    He then darted off across the road and got hit by a car.
    To my neighbours, Pappy O'Daniel looked like a little psycho kid who had just strangled/killed his pet cat.

That day was a bad day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Asked how come their are never any wheelchairs parked in the disabled parking spaces. :o

I was under the impression that the disabled spaces were there so people could park their wheelchair, stand up and walk in to the shop or whereever, get what they needed and return to their wheelchair before going home.

This was of course before my mam explained to me that that isnt how wheelchairs worked. What the hell I thought they did, I dont know. Quite possibly the stupidest thing I ever asked anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

In our local town there was a zebra crossing outside the Convent.

My mother told me that the zebra crossing was black and white and the nuns were the only ones allowed to cross the road there as they wore black and white

Made perfect sense to me at the time so I even pointed out people who shouldn't be using it.
    Ah to be young and innocent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

After hearing a conversation between my mum and my dad while she was giving out about one of his friends and said if he ever came near the house again to kick him out..

The friend called to the door which was at the top of the stairs and I literally kicked him out, which ended in him falling down the stairs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Picked up cigarette butts and pretended to smoke them.

Peeled off chewing gum from the pavement and have a good chew. (ew!)

<snip>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

I tried to cook chips in a cup of water from the hot tap

After getting told of about something by my gran her nurse came to do her bloods, I was so annoyed about being given out to I thought hmm I'll get my gran into trouble aswell. Cleared her little wheely table thing that nurse had given her and turned it over " Nurse carmel nurse carmel look at all the chewing gum granny stuck under the table" She wasn't happy...

Also having a nose in the drinks press one day I smashed a bottle of wine on the floor, picked up the glass and forced the dog to lick every last bit of it up, he was only a little yorkie pup aswell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

<snip>

I did that allllll the time. I was the biggest blabbermouth ever.

When I was about 3 or 4, in nursery school, I came home to my mother and announced that one of the girls in my class had to get up really early so that she could paint her skin every morning before she went to nursery. But she must have slept in or something that morning, because although the rest of her skin was dark, the palms of her hands were white. :rolleyes:

Then I demanded to know why I didn't get my skin painted every morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

I went to the local shop and saw a big queue so I skipped it and left ten pence on the counter and walked out with a bottle of coke, few chocolate bars and a sliced pan of bread, shopkeeper called later that night.

Called to a kid that lived next to the playschool I attended and seeing as he wasn't there me and my friend had a snoop round the back and found a treasure trove of paint, brushes and concrete powder, We painted the back doors, walls, windows and put concrete powder all over the grass and soaked it with water from a hose, My parents were none too happy.

In first infants I flooded the ground floor of the school not once but twice, Ill never forget the face on my mother when she was waiting outside.

I left the playschool a few minutes early one day and as I didn't want my Mum to see me I climbed into a neighbours hedge, Head was wrecked, My Father had to pull me out of it.

At a friends house and as we wandered out of his back garden, I saw a freaky looking building and screamed and ran, It really frightened me and later on I discovered it was a part of a mental hospital complex.

On discovering we were moving away the following Saturday morning I decided I didn't want to move as I loved it there and all the above stories took place there, So me and a friend decided to run away, And in fairness we covered good ground for two six year olds, We made it to the railway line and found our way back when it was getting dark, Our parents were freaking and loads of our neighbours were out looking for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Oh gawd where to begin...

...My cousins Nicknamed me Damien.

When I was 4 I noticed that the television in the hospital my Gran was in had a constant live feed of its Church.I told her and my mam to leave it on and I'd be right back.

Darted down to the church,went right up to the front and mooned the camera.Two Nuns and a other person where in there.Ran back up to find my gran and mam in stiches :pac:

In jrn infants I used to drop my pencil under the tablemthen throw it a bit foreward so I could get it(Incase anyone saw me I'd say it rolled over)Meanwhile I'd be looking up girls skirts :o

I really had to pee after a funeral once but my mam was talking to someone outside the Church.Getting sick of waiting I went up to the wall of the Church,pulled my trousers down and pee'd on it.

Pee'd on newly planted Daphodales when I was 4 as well...The principal came over and said they'd die if I did that so I asked if they'd go to Heaven :pac:

Didnt want to stay in school so I darted off down the pitch next to it on a spree to get home.The 6 teachers chased down after me as everyone else cheered from over the wall.

Walking down Patricks St in Cork I really wanted to go play with a train toy at a toy shop.Told my mam I didnt need her to hold my hand.2 seconds later I darted off.Missing for 4 hours and around this time a few kidnappings happened.30 people were out looking for me around cork,Guards and all.Two girls spotted me in the shop window and ran down to tell my parents.Needless to say I didnt get macdonalds like we were meant too.

Went missing another time for about 4 hours,cept around my house.My Mam went all over the area.Turns out I was in my neighbours garden(They were on holiday)talking to their chickens.

Same neighbours,another time they were on holiday.Went up to there house not knowing they were gone.Heard there dogs bark from their shed.Left them out so I could pet em.Couldnt get them back in so I locked them into the patio with the glass door.A week later when they're back they asked me if I did that :pac:

My brother when he was 4 climed into my dads tractor and pulled up the break.Que him waving out the back of the tractor,it going down a hill very fast and my dad chasing down after it :pac:

I was an odd child :D...I loved how my cousin told me recently that when the older cousins used to meet up they'd share new storys they heard about me hah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

My parents had a bunch of work friends over for dinner one day near christmas when I was about 8.
    They were all waiting in our living room chatting away.
    I was watching tv and I was confused, so I shout "mom, mom, what are all those tadpoles doing??"
    Very awkward silence all round.
    This is what was on telly (intro to 'Look Who's Talking');

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

^^^ same effin movie where I asked my mam what a diaphragm was!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Killing everything in the back garden with a magnifying glass.

Ants were the my favourite to die under my lazer of doom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

On my 7th Birthday My mum left me alone in the apartment with my grandmother , I got drunk off champagne and tried to smoke and was sick as a dog all night...

My brother Locked himself into my parents bedroom (Turned the key and then Pulled it out) when he was 4 or 5 , My dad tried to bust the door down but did his shoulder in , he eventually took an axe to it...

was at my friends house on a great sunny day sitting ontop of this Fort we'd build in his barn iout of haybales , I was only wearing shorts and the wall collapsed and I fell into a huge Pile of nettles , Was abso plastered with sudocream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

My aunt used to make her Christmas cakes a few months in advance, and every day I'd pick off a little bit of icing to eat and close the box again. By the time it came to Christmas eve and my aunt was taking out the cake to get it ready for the next day, she was horrified to find it completely stripped of icing, with just a marzipan coating :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Junior school in England i would of been 9 or 10 and every week i always asked to clean the store cupboard out and everyone thought i was a teachers pet,little did they know it was so nicola the girl that used to help me could show me her fanny.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

Once came around the corner at my local night club, on a Sunday morning, to find my cousin ( 7 or 8 at the time) blowing up a balloon. Or to be precise, a used condom...

I also tried once to surprise my neighbours by respraying their car for them. So I took a tin of varnish and a paint brush from the shed... They weren't impressed:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

I groomed my teddies :)

They were very fluffy and furry, at least some of them, so I thought to myself it must be difficult for them to see anything through all that fluff so I took a scissors and made the fluff shorter around their eyes. The teddies looked a little bit silly afterwards, but at least there was no fluff in their eyes anymore :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

Around 6-7 years old, I went Christmas shopping for my family, accompanied by my mother. My brother is 10 years older than I, and I bought him a poster with a muscular guy on it saying "A hard man is good to find".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

My mother used to love tricking my brother and sisters with those joke shop sweets that tasted of strong garlic. The idea was you have them in your mouth for a few seconds before you get a nasty taste from them. Anytime she gave them to me I just ate them up and asked for another :pac:

I had a small Transformers toy car I was playing on the floor when I noticed a woodlice crawling about. I was always fascinated by the little buggers and the feeling of all their legs on my fingers. So, I thought he'd enjoy a ride in my Transformers car and put him into the tiny cockpit (Had no doors, just this flap on top). When we met danger I transformed the car into whatever robot it turned into and carried on playing. Eventually, I transformed the robot back into it's car form and opened the cockpit to let my little leggy friend out...................until all I saw was him mooshed into pieces and still wriggling. The transformation must've pulled him apart and it left me feeling bad for ages. That toy was tainted with a death forever, I found it not too long ago and that woodlice was the 1st thing that came into my head!

I used to always eat those tiny cat biscuits we bought for our moggy. Family were horrified when they saw me tucking into the box of them. :D

I once accidently brought home a jigsaw piece from playschool. I freaked when I noticed and was terrified for ages that the cops were going to show up and take me away.

There used to be this guy dressed in a pink bunny outfit in Westport for whatever festival / show. I was always a right bastard to him because anytime we were in Westport and I'd spot him I'd always pull on the white fluffy tail. There's a few pictures of me from various ages trying to tear the thing off him :o

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

I used to absolutely love to eat raw rashers, used to sneak into the fridge at night time when no-one was around to get my fix... Salmonella anyone??

Another time when I was around 4 my Grandmother gave out to me and I was banished to the sitting room where I proceeded to find a bottle of sherry! Thought it would be a great idea to drink some as my Granny loved it so much, so wouldn't I too?? Apparently I was quite the rowdy drunk from a young age ;)

Around the same age, maybe a little younger, again in my Granny's house, I was given out to and sent to the hall...I was unusally quiet out there so my Granny came to check on me (She felt sorry for me), what was I doing only pulling the brand new wallpaper off the wall!
    I thought I was helping as I was there when the old wallpaper was coming down!!! My response when I was given out to? Stand against the wall covering it repeating "F*ck, f*ck, f*ck" over and over again!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

kylith wrote: »
    When I was about 10 I tightened the backs of my earrings so much that they actually went into my earlobes, earned myself a trip to hospital for that.

At about 6 I found some balloons in my parent's room and had a great time playing with them, though I wondered why they were all wet. My dad hid his condoms better after that.

I found them too and asked if my dad still pissed in the bed (thinking they stopped the piss from soaking the sheets). Awwwwwwkward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

I used to eat raw sausages anytime we were at a BBQ. Loved the taste, didn't know it was so dangerous. I also used to love the taste of cough medicine so would drink it straight from the bottle. I had a vague notion it was wrong but it was just so delicious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Seloth wrote: »
    Same neighbours,another time they were on holiday.Went up to there house not knowing they were gone.Heard there dogs bark from their shed.Left them out so I could pet em.Couldnt get them back in so I locked them into the patio with the glass door.A week later when they're back they asked me if I did that :pac:
    Tell me someone was checking on the dogs, please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I used to always eat those tiny cat biscuits we bought for our moggy. Family were horrified when they saw me tucking into the box of them. :D

Ha ha. Me too! Brekkies, the king of cat snacks!

http://www.concordextra.com/img_uploads/Brekkies%20Complete%20Meal%20for%20Cats%20400g%20Main.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

On the subject of raw food, as a kid I would eat white pudding raw, used to love it and the funny thing is my mam would give it to me raw. I think she was trying to kill me. :eek:

Was left in the house with my granda who liked the odd glass of Guinness, but he didnt like the head of it, so he let me have it. My mam came home to a very drunk 4 year old, who then puked all over the place. My granda used to think it was hilarious to let me smoke or to curse, you'd see him behind his newspaper rattling with the laughter while i was getting given out to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I don't think I did many things out of innocence as a child, I was a pure hell raiser and got into lots of trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Paarse Krokodil

Karona wrote: »
    On the subject of raw food, as a kid I would eat white pudding raw, used to love it and the funny thing is my mam would give it to me raw. I think she was trying to kill me. :eek:

Was left in the house with my granda who liked the odd glass of Guinness, but he didnt like the head of it, so he let me have it. My mam came home to a very drunk 4 year old, who then puked all over the place. My granda used to think it was hilarious to let me smoke or to curse, you'd see him behind his newspaper rattling with the laughter while i was getting given out to.

Is white pudding seriously bad for you or something? I dont mind it raw myself

You got drunk off only the head of guinness? how much does it take to get you drunk now, half a pint?

If you bought white pudding in a normal shop (As apposed to direct from the source or something) it's not raw. It does be boiled and is safe to eat as it comes. I used to do the same thing and my dad ended up saying it to a butcher to make sure it was okay to do. He was told it does be boiled before getting shipped out so it's fine to eat straight out of the wrapping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭nicechick!

My sister and I decided to go on an adventure we obviously got tired!! fell asleep of course by the time we woke up with my mammy screaming at us... she had half the village looking for us... whoops

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭parc

i think i ate soap as well

I drank a bottle of Iodine. My ma nearly had a sh1t fit :D Big purple mouth on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭nicechick!

Gosh this really brings back memories:

While messing around my buddie flung something can't remember what but split my brothers face wide open horrific!

My parents installed new windows myself and my brothers were playing football and preceded to break three windows... (dad still brings it up!)

Decided we thought we could drive crashed dads car! into the side of the house (dad still brings it up)

While out minding the baby.. sister we got her foot tangled into the spokes of a bike and sprained her foot!

I decided while pushing my sister in the pram what would happen if I let go... of course I let go we were at the top of a wee hill from the house she ended up in the field... (she was fine!) though I never did tell anyone until years later....

As my brothers got older and were learning to drive took the parents car out managed to crash it into a ditch got the neighbors to help take it out and we never did tell our parents until years later! odd the neighbors never did say anything

While playing football outside the local church my brothers and a friend managed to get it caught on a roof at the side of the church my brother managed to get up to retrieve the ball, kicked it down to the lads but managed to break a windscreen of a car that pulled up my other brother and friend got a telling off while the other one hide!!

There are loads!! Being an identical twin was brilliant fun to

As Adults last year with the ****ty weather over Christmas, no running water we were fed up so the three girls in the house decided we wanted that shower we decided to climb into the at attic with a hose from the shed (which oddly had running water!) to fill the tank needless to say we completely forgot about until eh we arrived home to find water pouring through the ceiling! (cost Dad a fortune!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

You got drunk off only the head of guinness? how much does it take to get you drunk now, half a pint?

I was 4 at the time, takes a hell of a lot more nowadays to get me drunk ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Back when I was about 6 i think myself and my best friend at the time used to get up to all sorts of "innocent fun" ;) in her room.
    Nothing major tbh but thinking back now we were really horny little girls from what i remember :eek:

Also being actually really scared of the "witch" (some woman giving out free halloween goodie bags in the supermarket dressed up as a witch), i wouldnt take it from her at all, so got my mam to get it for me as i stood behind her :o I was about 5 though.

Getting a HUGE crush on Alan rickmans character in Robin Hood at the cinema, i thought i was going to marry him, seriously, and have "the sex thing" with him. I was 5! lol :o :pac:

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    Back when I was about 6 i think myself and my best friend at the time used to get up to all sorts of "innocent fun" ;) in her room.
    Nothing major tbh but thinking back now we were really horny little girls from what i remember :eek:

Jaysus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Over Christmas, my family and I were reminising over things we did as kids and this following story got a mention.

When my brother and I were very young we asked my parents to increase our pocket money, my Dad said he'd think about it. One Saturday morning, when my parents were having a little lie in, my brother and I thought it would be a good idea to wash my Dad's new car for him (it was about six weeks old). We thought that if we did a good job we would definitely get an increase in our pocket money.

We filled buckets of water and we raided my Mother's "cleaning cupboard" to get cleaning materials and we set to work on my Dad's car. To cut a long story very short, it turns out we used Brillo pads to remove the stubborn stains from the car and in the process we scraped the entire paintwork on the car :eek:

Dad didn't take it too well, his brand new car was ruined and he had to fork out to have the entire car re-sprayed. Needless to say there was no increase in our pocket money :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Threw a banger at an old neighbour one time at halloween, regret it now, he didn't die from it but still regret it, he was a grumpy aul bastard but that doesn't justify it. sorry mr C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Over Christmas, my family and I were reminising over things we did as kids and this following story got a mention.

When my brother and I were very young we asked my parents to increase our pocket money, my Dad said he'd think about it. One Saturday morning, when my parents were having a little lie in, my brother and I thought it would be a good idea to wash my Dad's new car for him (it was about six weeks old). We thought that if we did a good job we would definitely get an increase in our pocket money.

We filled buckets of water and we raided my Mother's "cleaning cupboard" to get cleaning materials and we set to work on my Dad's car. To cut a long story very short, it turns out we used Brillo pads to remove the stubborn stains from the car and in the process we scraped the entire paintwork on the car :eek:

Dad didn't take it too well, his brand new car was ruined and he had to fork out to have the entire car re-sprayed. Needless to say there was no increase in our pocket money :(

There are laws against that y'know :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

My little girl is making her First Communion. My first confession, I confessed all my brothers sins. The person waiting outside could hear all and reported back to my mother. That was over 30 years ago and I still can't live it down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

I grew up :s God damn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

When my brother was 11 he bought a replica grenade from a souvenier shop in new York and put it in his hand luggage on the way home. It showed up on the X-ray scanner and the security went ballistic. Terminal was shut down and we had to wait for the NYPD to come and seize it.

• Advertisement

MagicSean wrote: »
    When my brother was 11 he bought a replica grenade from a souvenier shop in new York and put it in his hand luggage on the way home. It showed up on the X-ray scanner and the security went ballistic. Terminal was shut down and we had to wait for the NYPD to come and seize it.
    I have a very similar story actually. Coming back from England, my brother got a toy gun (blatently obvious its a toy, something like this but even more toy-ish: http://canadianredneck.com/wp-content/uploads/store/products/images/69800050804376.jpg) but security thought it might be real so held us there for ages before finally deciding it was in fact a toy like anyone who looked at it could have seen. :rolleyes:

Advertisement