Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Temple Bar area too loud to live in?

Options
  • 08-08-2011 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Looking for an apartment and a few of the places are in the temple bar area, I am just worried about it being rough and also being too loud, I want to be able to sleep peacefully! Is the whole templebar area loud or are there places in and around it that are quiet enough?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

If you're concerned about noise/people pissing and puking in the streets etc. etc. don't move anywhere near Temple Bar.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I think only someone who wants to be part of the Templebar 'scene' should consider living there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

I'm often in a mates apartment in Temple Bar and it's grand- its actually superb having the whole city right on your doorstep, no need for transport, etc.

Anyway the main drag of Temple Bar is noisy, very noisy at night time, especially weekends. However if you pick the right spot then it is grand, not noisy at all. I can say this for Crane Lane as I'm here now and it is very quiet. Also check out apartments near and off Cow Lane too (west of Parliment Street)- its not all that noisy there either IMO.

Advertisement