Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice [Mortgage repayment problems]

Options
  • 08-08-2011 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hi. I need some advice on my morgage.
    The situation is we are going through hard times and have asked the bank for interest only a few months ago only to be told we dont fit the profile.
    Now this month we have gone €50 in to the red due to the morgage payment. We have €450 in credit paid towards the morgage from day 1 but they put our account in to the red rarther than take the extra 50 off our credit.

Where do i stand ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

What bank?

All banks now have a standard way of dealing with customers in mortgage arrears.

You should have filled out a budget planner, the bank would have made an assessment of affordability based on the information you supplied them.

If they still do not reduce the mortgage then you can complain. Get their final response and submit it to the ombudsman for them to investigate.

I've gotten favourable results for having refused customers who then came back with the ombudsman initial letter and I re submitted their case.

Bottom line is the bank think you got the capacity to pay so there not budging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jased10s

unclebill98 Thank you for taking the time to give advise.

The bank in question is PTSB.

Advertisement