Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study locations- Dublin city centre

Options
  • 08-08-2011 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

I've joined a GAMSAT group and we're hoping to meet up in Dublin soon.
    The only problem is we haven't managed to find a group study location. I have to ring up libraries tomorrow but I wanted to see if anyone else with experience of group study could point us in the right direction. Also any advice on group studying for GAMSAT would be greatly appreciated :)

Congratulations to all those successful GEMs!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭imported_guy

im sure atleast one or two of you go to a college, and probably a college which dont require ID to get inside the library, use one of the group study rooms :),

P.S. GAMSAT is an exam where you're marked against your peers not on your own (or as you do in college).... group study isnt the smartest idea. so in GAMSAT in order for you to "do good" someone else needs to "do bad", you getting a 90% of the answers correct won't gurantee a good score, unless other people do bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

^ Pretty crap advice as usual.

The Dublin City Library central in the ilac have rooms you can book for these types of things, i don't use them myself though.

While GAMSAT is a competition and it is a system of the top 200 get places rather than everyone > 54 points etc. but at the same time, you should take advantage of anything you think will help you perform better. If you get in a group and based in that group you all do 15% better than you would have done individually it would be worth it compared to the risk of competition from in group members.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

cliona88 wrote: »
    I've joined a GAMSAT group and we're hoping to meet up in Dublin soon.
    The only problem is we haven't managed to find a group study location. I have to ring up libraries tomorrow but I wanted to see if anyone else with experience of group study could point us in the right direction. Also any advice on group studying for GAMSAT would be greatly appreciated :)

Congratulations to all those successful GEMs!!

You can get a visitor's pass from Trinity to use their library. http://www.tcd.ie/Library/using-library/admissions.php#VisitingReaders

You might be confined to using it on Saturdays and at the moment its only open until 1pm. They sometimes can be flexible, although now is coming into supplementals time so maybe not. :cool:

Advertisement