Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned in Hunting Section by johngalway

Options
  • 08-08-2011 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭

are you flaming serious?????????????????

Hi Spunk84,

You have been banned from Hunting for the following duration:

14 Day(s)

for the following reason:

Arguing with mod decision on thread after warning

Providing your ban is not permanent, it will be lifted automatically after 14 Day(s). You will get an automatic message informing you that the ban is lifted. If you do not receive this message after the allotted time, please PM a moderator to clarify.

Bans occur after a serious rules breach so please keep in mind that Moderators don't just decide to ban people out of the blue. If you wish to appeal this ban, please follow our Dispute Resolution Process here. Your first action should always be to PM the Moderator(s) of the forum to discuss the ban. Remember that our Mods are volunteers and are not always online, so they may not be able to answer you straight away.

All the best,
    boards.ie

I argued with no one, i put up an article and it was took down for no reason which he wont discuss?????????? Absolute joke banning people and not telling them why

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Have you discussed this first by PM as per the DRP?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

You know very well why the ban was issued Spunk, you posted something, it was edited by a moderator, and you edited it again to undo the moderators changes.
    We'll leave this for Khannie to evaluate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Spunk84

I edited nothing !!!! Check and see, I reposted my news article as it was delete without reason. I asked the johngalway why? He said he would ban me permently if I was there to make trouble:confused: I told him to clarify and he banned me with no reason.

Sparks I would like you to stay out of this, as it has been mentioned in many threads that you delete and ban people for no reason other than disagreeing with you. So please don't interfere, I will wait for a non biased mod to review.

I have never edited or deleted a post, warned or infracted or banned a poster, for no reason and without explanation.

You, on the other hand Spunk, you're making trouble on this site deliberately in order to amuse yourself on another forum, in a similar way to past incidents with politics.ie and PROC. We know you edited your post, the edit history of posts is visible to moderators. The moderators on the shooting forum have simply decided that enough is enough, and you will now be required to adhere to the charter without leeway. It's hardly unfair as the charter rules are simple, clearly explained, and fair. End of, as far as we're concerned.

Sparks wrote: »
    I have never edited or deleted a post, warned or infracted or banned a poster, for no reason and without explanation.

You, on the other hand Spunk, you're making trouble on this site deliberately in order to amuse yourself on another forum, in a similar way to past incidents with politics.ie and PROC. We know you edited your post, the edit history of posts is visible to moderators. The moderators on the shooting forum have simply decided that enough is enough, and you will now be required to adhere to the charter without leeway. It's hardly unfair as the charter rules are simple, clearly explained, and fair. End of, as far as we're concerned.

I'm sorry that u feel you have acted just in the hunting/shooting forum but I must disagree with you. Not just me but other members have said there unhappy with how you delete peoples posts or infract/ban people if they get on your wrong side. Disgraceful.

Again as I have stated my post was deleted and I reposted the article, what wrong with that. There's no where states that I can't post articles relating to the forum. Also what other forum are you talking about???? You seem to know more about what I'm doing than I am.

Also I do adhere to the rules, and what is politics.ie and PROC ????? You seem to be on the attack SPARKS as I stated I want another unbiased to view the evidence.

• Advertisement

We're not wasting energy on "attacks" spunk, it's not worth it. All we're doing is not wasting any more time or energy on people who are deliberately causing trouble here so they can have a laugh about it elsewhere.

The situation is simple. The rules are posted. Abide by them, and you'll never know we're here. Fail to do so and you won't be here.

As to your claim, your post was not deleted, it was edited, and that edit was signed by a moderator. You chose to edit the message again, deleting his comments and reposting the original problem article.

Sparks this is going round in circles, you said Im on another forum and having laughs somewhere else:confused: where and how do you know what I'm looking at. Also how does me or any other board member on looking at another website relate to you? or another mod coming here to ban or infract them. I hope for the sake of boards my isp or any personal information is not being used to identify me in real life:mad:

As you stated my post was " edited" I.e deleted with the same accusations you have said above but I was not informed why? I reposted my article. And on a final note, let myself be clear, that if you or any mod are following my whereabouts online I will be taking it up with my solicitor as well as boards.

Again my posts where deleted here as WELL with no info ?????? can another mod or admin contact me as this is unreal.

As my last posts were deleted, I was infracted/ banned for putting an article up on hunting and it was deleted, now the same article is there again and another member isn't infracted or banned.why is this???

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I removed Bunny Shooters attempt to interfere in the thread, and your response to him. Only the cat mods and admins are allowed to respond, the DRP is clear on that. And there's no need to ban/infract Bunny Shooter for that as he's sitebanned for separate issues anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Alright folks...no more going around in circles please. I'll have a look at this later.

Spunk84: You can keep those legal threats out of it though please. Legal threats on here generally end badly for all concerned. Nobody likes them.

• Advertisement

Khannie wrote: »
    Alright folks...no more going around in circles please. I'll have a look at this later.

Spunk84: You can keep those legal threats out of it though please. Legal threats on here generally end badly for all concerned. Nobody likes them.

Cheers Khannie, I was upset to the possibility of being followed on other supposed forums. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

So I'm waiting to hear back to two PM's I've sent out but in the mean time:
    Spunk84 wrote: »
    Again as I have stated my post was deleted and I reposted the article, what wrong with that.

Well....here's the thing.....there's plenty wrong with that.

When the post was edited by the moderator it was clear to you that it was done as a moderation decision. By re-editing your post (and that's what you did because I've checked the history. I'm assuming it's the Curlew post we're all talking about here.) you essentially deliberately ignored a moderation decision. The right thing to do if you were confused would have been to PM the moderator in question. It was clear as day that you shouldn't repost the same post whether you wanted to or not because it was as clear as day that the moderator didn't want it there.

I'll get back to you anyway. Just waiting on replies to those two PM's.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Delighted this was brought to admin attention.

This is precisely the kind of case that drives us admins nuts - we have someone deliberately setting out to waste mods time. This is the kind of thing that causes good mods and admins to quit volunteering their free time to help out.

Thanks for bringing it to admin attention Khannie, and apologies for stepping on your toes, but this guy is getting a 1 month holiday from boards, effective immediately. Don't anyone else waste time on this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement