Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding cake

Options
  • 08-08-2011 7:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hi all, I'm making a friends wedding cake as a present this year and I was wondering what tin size people use. It's a round three tiered cake but I was wondering which looks nicer, 6,8,10 or 8,10,12? If anyone has any other suggestions I'd really appreciate it. Thanks a mill!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭DreamC

The size depends on the number of guests you are going to feed. The size of tiers would depend on your design and decorations you are going to use. 12-9-6 would be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 inthegateaux

DreamC wrote: »
    The size depends on the number of guests you are going to feed. The size of tiers would depend on your design and decorations you are going to use. 12-9-6 would be ok.

Ooh 6,9,12 why didn't I think of that. That'd be perfect! Thanks a mill for your help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 FionaB3

I'd go with 6, 9 and 12 or any 3 sizes with a 3" difference looks well proportioned when stacked!

Advertisement