Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SCWS

• 08-08-2011 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hi,

have a heifer that calved yesterday, shes out of a neighbours bull as she is daughter of our stock bull.

Not to be complicating things with tag numbers from him etc, do you just put in a code for AI bulls when filling online. is there any very common limo that would be used on heifers?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

TRACEBILITY ! are you for real , tell the truth or else put unknown in the box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

I dont belive there is any issue about using a neighbours stock bull for SCWS.
    'your heifer broke out'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

49801 wrote: »
    I dont belive there is any issue about using a neighbours stock bull for SCWS.
    'your heifer broke out'
    if you put your neighbours stock bull down as the sire they will say the bull is not in your herd and you will start more trouble than its worth,just put down a ai code, if you leave it blank it will back fire and hold up payments.happened to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭Dozer1

Agree with leg wax, easier put down an AI code, have one this morning myself, heifer got bulled by one of the neighbours limo bulls, poor heifer was under serious pressure but calf is out and the heifer is up. Vet was going taking it out the side but got out ok for a finish. Going to stick in an AI code, done it before and no questions asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Horace

I hope nobody from the department is reading some of these treads as some of the practices and advice given on here is at the least "questionable". Im not having a go at anyone but we should be carefull what we put on a public forum

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

Horace wrote: »
    I hope nobody from the department is reading some of these treads as some of the practices and advice given on here is at the least "questionable". Im not having a go at anyone but we should be carefull what we put on a public forum
    my point exactly

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

reps4 wrote: »
    Hi,

have a heifer that calved yesterday, shes out of a neighbours bull as she is daughter of our stock bull.

Not to be complicating things with tag numbers from him etc, do you just put in a code for AI bulls when filling online. is there any very common limo that would be used on heifers?

Thanks

1 month ban for advocating/promoting irregularities- such as the false reporting of a sire.

Regards,

SMcCarrick

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

For the sake of other posters here- Department staff *do* read this forum.

Thread closed.

Shane

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement