Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lahinch or Lehinch

• 08-08-2011 9:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭

Myself and the missus had a very nice couple of days in your beautiful county. Roads and signage are however a bit of a nightmare.

On leaving Ennis the signpost says Kilkee 52km the next on says Kilkee 53km
    and 5mins later Kilkee 54km:confused:And yes we were going towards Kilkee!!!

Can someone please tell me is it Le or Lahinch, signposts say both:confused:
    Otherwise its a great place to visit.....Ennis looked clean for a change but I was sorry to see so many places closed down.:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

im nearly sure its lahinch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Definitely Lahinch according to Lahinch Failte and Lahinch Golf Club.

http://www.lahinchfailte.com/

http://www.lahinchgolf.com/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Either works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

It's Lahinch :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

And let you forget Ennistimon/Ennistymon.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

And let you forget Ennistimon/Ennistymon.:confused:

nearly 100% sure its ennistymon as i live there and have spelled it that way all they time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Lahinch or Lehinch is the anglicised form of Leath Inse. It can be spelt both ways but Lahinch is the most popular form.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭babygirlz

martin1 wrote: »
    [/B.....Ennis looked clean for a change but I was sorry to see so many places closed down.:(
    For a change????

We won Tidy Town's in 2005 and have gotten very close to that again in recent years :(

Advertisement