Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 hour home photo session zoom studios

Options
  • 08-08-2011 10:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi guys im new to this forum :) i just wanted to let people know about this deal before they purchase it, I bought this deal awhile ago thinking it was a great offer and also purchased for gifts. The deal was 1 hour photo session in your own home with a cd copy of low reselution photos that the photographer takes on the day and also 1 10x8 print for 30 euros to the value of 120 euros, firsty they didnt show up twice after me making 2 appointments which was fine they arrived on the 3rd, the photographer himself, very friendly nice guy but what they dont tell you is that the cd copy of photos you get has ZOOM STUDIOS accross each photograph which means you can NOT get them printed yourself this is not stated on the deal and i must admit i feel slightly ripped off as that was the main reason i puchased the deals in the first place. So I just to let people know what they are getting before they commit to buying. This is my only quam as i have bought many deals through boardsdeals and have never had a problem anyway hope this helps.:p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Hi there James,

I'm afraid Boards Deals does not currently and has never had a deal with Zoom Studios, so I'm moving this to the Consumer Issues forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Which deals supplier did you buy this deal from?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

james6 wrote: »
    Hi guys im new to this forum :) i just wanted to let people know about this deal before they purchase it, I bought this deal awhile ago thinking it was a great offer and also purchased for gifts. The deal was 1 hour photo session in your own home with a cd copy of low reselution photos that the photographer takes on the day and also 1 10x8 print for 30 euros to the value of 120 euros, firsty they didnt show up twice after me making 2 appointments which was fine they arrived on the 3rd, the photographer himself, very friendly nice guy but what they dont tell you is that the cd copy of photos you get has ZOOM STUDIOS accross each photograph which means you can NOT get them printed yourself this is not stated on the deal and i must admit i feel slightly ripped off as that was the main reason i puchased the deals in the first place. So I just to let people know what they are getting before they commit to buying. This is my only quam as i have bought many deals through boardsdeals and have never had a problem anyway hope this helps.:p
    Hi OP.
    Low resolution images (even those without a watermark) are exactly that - you could use them on a webpage, but they cannot be printed on anything other than a passport size or smaller. Otherwise, they will come out all blockey.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

either way.... images are not your copyright to print, if the photographer gave you low res versions its more than likely so you could upload to a website or facebook or to email the images to friends.

please have a read on copyright laws with regards to photography

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

dilallio wrote: »
    Hi OP.
    you could use them on a webpage, but they cannot be printed on anything other than a passport size or smaller.

You can ONLY use them in a way specified by the photographer or by any contract agreement. That's what Copyright law is for. You need a license from the photographer to print, use on web or anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

It does mention this on the deal (trying to remember where I saw it)

It says the images will be 'watermarked'.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I think I've found it; http://www.citydeal.ie/deals/east-coast-and-midlands/ZoomPhoto/226838
    james6 wrote: »
    but what they dont tell you is that the cd copy of photos you get has ZOOM STUDIOS accross each photograph
    Actualy, it does
    A low resolution disc containing all (watermarked) images
    Please note the "watermarked" bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lukeylou

Hi, Im new to this forem too. I bought a 1hr home photo shoot with Zoom studio through living social. I redeemed my voucher weeks ago and have received no contact from them. I have emailed and rang the business leaving messages but not getting anywhere. I think the owner, <SNIP>, has bitten off more that he can handle but a courtesy reply to tell me this would be good. Its the first time ive had any hassle with a living social voucher and i buy them all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jreen

Avoid zoom studios. I only received some of the photos that I have paid for. Despite 5 calls to the studio and €265 later I still have not received my pictures. <SNIP> the guy in charge has not returned one call. Avoid this studio

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Zombie thread - closed

dudara

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement