Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohernabreena road closure

• 08-08-2011 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭

On the way up Bohernabreena, there were loads of big signs saying the road was closed (till end Aug) which I ignored, thinking I'd be ok getting through.

Turns out the road was indeed closed (just after the quarry as far as the T junction - I went left to butter mountain) with boulders and concrete barriers and the like, but you can get through on foot. They appear to be laying cables/pipes of some sort and I can see how cars would have issues, but I was able to get through fine.

I was able to cycle through the whole section, but I imagine there may be a case for getting off and hurdling large holes in the coming weeks, or being turned away if there were workers present.

So, should be passable with care if there's no workers there, otherwise I suspect they may turn you back.

Closed section

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

I think it's drainage work. Always seems to be a lot of surface water on that section.

On a related point, nice to see that Blessington village is being resurfaced. Road surface was appalling there for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

I cycled through it on Thursday. It's easily passable on foot or bike. The lack of traffic due to the road closure has made it an even more enjoyable road to ride on ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

jimm wrote: »
    On a related point, nice to see that Blessington village is being resurfaced. Road surface was appalling there for years.

Agreed, had to be the worst surfaced village in Ireland which always surprised me as it gets quite alot of traffic being on the main N81 also. Probably another few weeks before it's finished but a drastic improvement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

I was over that way today. Road is open again. Lovely new tarmac surface and no flowing water. Just be careful to keep out a metre or so, as the new gully gratings are sunk approx. 100mm below the road surface. They have been marked with yellow paint, so maybe they are going to be raised up flush with the road.

Advertisement