Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineer Query

Options
  • 08-08-2011 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi,

I bought a house about 2 months ago and at the time I had real trouble with my broadband - it still only gets 2mb and is pretty flakey. Over the weekend I was doing some exploritory work in my attic and discovered the following things:

1) We do not have a 'master socket' on our line.
    2) ALL the internal phone wiring was put in(rather badly) by the previous owner.
    3) the line that is being used it enters the house as four, uninsulated copper wires twisted together.
    4) In addition to all this there appears to be a much newer phone line coming into the house which is currently wired to an unsed ISDN box.

I'm just wondering if it is possible to arrange to have an Eircom engineer call out ot our house and check the current wiring of our phone line(s). with the aim of acheving the best possible connection with the resources that are available in my house. Ideally I would want to use the newer line as I imagine that it has the potential to increase my broadband speed.

I am happy to go through the 1901 number to arrange this but I cannot work out which of the keywords fits best to what I want to discuss.

Thanks
    Pete

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

pitachu wrote: »
    Hi,

I bought a house about 2 months ago and at the time I had real trouble with my broadband - it still only gets 2mb and is pretty flakey. Over the weekend I was doing some exploritory work in my attic and discovered the following things:

1) We do not have a 'master socket' on our line.
    2) ALL the internal phone wiring was put in(rather badly) by the previous owner.
    3) the line that is being used it enters the house as four, uninsulated copper wires twisted together.
    4) In addition to all this there appears to be a much newer phone line coming into the house which is currently wired to an unsed ISDN box.

I'm just wondering if it is possible to arrange to have an Eircom engineer call out ot our house and check the current wiring of our phone line(s). with the aim of acheving the best possible connection with the resources that are available in my house. Ideally I would want to use the newer line as I imagine that it has the potential to increase my broadband speed.

I am happy to go through the 1901 number to arrange this but I cannot work out which of the keywords fits best to what I want to discuss.

Thanks
    Pete

Hi pitachu,

Can you send on your telephone number so I can check the installation details of your line.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭pitachu

Mark,

I have sent my details to you by PM.

Thanks
    Pete

Mark,

I have sent my details to you by PM.

Thanks
    Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks, for sending your details. I will look into your query, it may take a few days before I get back to you.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭pitachu

Hi Mark,

It has been a week, is there any further information on this?

As I say I am more than happy to call teh 1901 number, but if you could give me an idea of which department I need to talk to that would be great.

Thanks
    Pete

Hi Mark,

It has been a week, is there any further information on this?

As I say I am more than happy to call teh 1901 number, but if you could give me an idea of which department I need to talk to that would be great.

Thanks
    Pete

Hi Pete,

I PM you back.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement