Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotspot - Terms and Conditions

Options
  • 08-08-2011 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

If any Eircom representative answers my question I will be very grateful.
    I was thinking of signing up for this hotspot service, but the terms and conditions are more than a little opaque. When signing up, you are directed to the page for Terms and Conditions for ALL Eircom broadband products, business and residential. There must be at least a dozen PDFs with various legalese on this page that I would prefer not to have to sift through to find the one for this product. I remember a few months back reading that there is a period it was free to use for Eircom customers, then it becomes a subscription service payable every 2 months, but there is no sign of such a gotcha on the current offering- an issue that would be easily resolved by having clear terms and conditions. Could you clear up this point for me please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Post split from old thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

If any Eircom representative answers my question I will be very grateful.
    I was thinking of signing up for this hotspot service, but the terms and conditions are more than a little opaque. When signing up, you are directed to the page for Terms and Conditions for ALL Eircom broadband products, business and residential. There must be at least a dozen PDFs with various legalese on this page that I would prefer not to have to sift through to find the one for this product. I remember a few months back reading that there is a period it was free to use for Eircom customers, then it becomes a subscription service payable every 2 months, but there is no sign of such a gotcha on the current offering- an issue that would be easily resolved by having clear terms and conditions. Could you clear up this point for me please?

I responded to the customer as follows:

Hi BoredNaMoaner,

I checked with the broadband hotspot team and they confirmed that there is no promotions running for the eircom wifi hotspots at the moment.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭BoredNaMoaner

Thanks Mark. Any chance of a direct link to the terms & conditions of this specific product rather than having to sift through all the T&C of ALL Eircom products?

Thanks Mark. Any chance of a direct link to the terms & conditions of this specific product rather than having to sift through all the T&C of ALL Eircom products?

Hi BoredNaMoaner,

I am afraid the FAQs & terms of service for hotspots is the available online content info.

I you want to PM your specific questions I can answer those directly.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭BoredNaMoaner

Well that is a bit ridiculous to be honest. The terms and conditions are NOT EASILY AVAILABLE to a customer as they sign on! How could anyone sign on to such a contract? Having first-hand experience of dealing with this company and its underhand way of dealing with complaints, I am disappointed with its continued lack of transparency and obfuscation. Maybe I was just naive to think this company could change and put the customer first.

• Advertisement

Well that is a bit ridiculous to be honest. The terms and conditions are NOT EASILY AVAILABLE to a customer as they sign on! How could anyone sign on to such a contract? Having first-hand experience of dealing with this company and its underhand way of dealing with complaints, I am disappointed with its continued lack of transparency and obfuscation. Maybe I was just naive to think this company could change and put the customer first.

Hi BoredNaMoaner,

I appreciate your point, the basic terms & conditions should be compacted to an easy to read paragraph or bullet points. I will pass on the comment. feel free to message me with any queries that you want answered.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement