Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Humax Freesat record issues

• 08-08-2011 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

I have a Humax Freesat recorder (Foxsat-HDR) which has just stopped letting me set programmes to watch/record - I get a pop up message to "please wait for receiving broadcast information" which disappears after a few seconds and then the epg is displayed again but without the programme being set to record/watch. Has anyone else encountered this issue, and if so, how did you resolve it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

The newest version of the firmware for the Humax introduced an extra check on the completeness of the EPG, so there is a delay of about 40 seconds while it updates the data when you press the GUIDE button. Once you can navigate the EPG, you should be able to set record reservations as normal.

If you don't want to wait for the EPG (most dont!), then just press the SCHEDULE button and then press the RED button and you will get a cached copy of the EPG, which you can use to set reservations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

my box has just stopped letting me watch another channel while one is recording the lead appears to be ok in box and lnb. is there a menu i can accesse to see problem. no sat signal is displayed when you change channel from the channel im recording any help tonight thanks could it be lnb i have a quad

If you press the menu button and step down to the last selection on the left, you can select diagnostics which will show you details of the firmware installed and the signal strength and quality on each of the two tuners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

if one inlet bars is blank would a manual software download sort it out

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭td1

fat-tony wrote: »
    The newest version of the firmware for the Humax introduced an extra check on the completeness of the EPG, so there is a delay of about 40 seconds while it updates the data when you press the GUIDE button. Once you can navigate the EPG, you should be able to set record reservations as normal.

If you don't want to wait for the EPG (most dont!), then just press the SCHEDULE button and then press the RED button and you will get a cached copy of the EPG, which you can use to set reservations.

@fat-tony: The official reply from Humax is below - pretty much what you'd told me a couple of days earlier, so thanks for that, and for a way around it! An unusual take on an 'update' - one that makes the product less efficient, although they are at least trying to resolve it!
    This is due to freesat sending out increased data to the epg which is above the specification of the box it will now take between 45 seconds and 2 minutes until you can record again the best way to tell is when the receiving programme information disappears from the top corner we are looking for a fix with freeat the moment.

• Advertisement

vince wrote: »
    if one inlet bars is blank would a manual software download sort it out
    eh no - I would have thought it meant that one of your LNB feeds is not working! Swap the connections around and see if the fault moves. If it does, then remove the F connector from the faulty cable, by unscrewing it (if it's a screw-on type) and check that the centre core is not being shorted out by the braid. Tidy up the braid and re-assemble.
    I'm assuming you had both cables working at some stage - correct?
    If the initial install was done with only one cable working, you might have to do a factory reset and ensure that both cables are detected. If only one cable is detected when initially installed, then the software ignores the second LNB cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭td1

One problem resolved, so here's another one! I want to transfer a series of programmes to DVD. Is there anyway I can set them up to play/record sequentially rather than individually?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

td1 wrote: »
    One problem resolved, so here's another one! I want to transfer a series of programmes to DVD. Is there anyway I can set them up to play/record sequentially rather than individually?

Yes, you can - you can create a playlist and it'll play the files in whatever sequence you want to set it to. It's a bit fiddly the first time but you'll soon get the hang of it - like most of the Humax's quirks.

Should be some help here: http://www.astra2d.com/medialist.html

Advertisement