Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving to Edinburgh as a mature student

Options
  • 08-08-2011 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone could give me a bit of advice on where to live in Edinburgh. I'm moving there in September to study as a mature student.

Ideally I'd like to avoid "student" accomodation, I've done me fair share of that before and I'm looking for the quiet life so to speak.

Would anyone know of a few websites I could browse?

Any help greatly appreciated.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

citylets.co.uk
    rightmove.com
    s1rentals.com

Regarding areas try to avoid Leith (some people love it but there's a reason Trainspotting was based on it), Sighthill, Gorgie and Pilton.

Flat company wise, avoid the crowd called theflatcompany.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

razorblunt wrote: »
    citylets.co.uk
    rightmove.com
    s1rentals.com

Regarding areas try to avoid Leith (some people love it but there's a reason Trainspotting was based on it), Sighthill, Gorgie and Pilton.

Flat company wise, avoid the crowd called theflatcompany.
    What have you heard about the flat company? I'm just after renting with them and had only heard good things.

I think you should consider picking a place close to whatever college you're in. For example if it was queen M's you'd be very far away if you lived in the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Rex Manning

Gorgie isn't that bad - what college/campus are going to be in?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

What have you heard about the flat company? I'm just after renting with them and had only heard good things.

I think you should consider picking a place close to whatever college you're in. For example if it was queen M's you'd be very far away if you lived in the city centre.

They were very very slow responding to issues when they were reported to them, move out was a bit of a nightmare too.

Advertisement