Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collie pups for a good home?

• 08-08-2011 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

Hi all I have 6 lovely little collie pups if there is anyone here that would like one, or if anyone knows somebody that would like one? they are eight weeks old, and are eating whole food now. we would love to keep them but we have moved recently and dont have the room for them here sadly. so if you or someone you know would like a little collie pup (or pups) please get in touch. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

any photos??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Limerick Animal Welfare might be able to help, and they find excellent homes. They'd expect you to do your bit though, and get the mother of the pups neutered. It's so hard to find the right homes for collies, and the pounds and rescues are full of them. If you are on any kind of benefits you might be able to get her neutered for €20 under the Dogs Trust scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭zing zong

@ Zuroph , havent got a camera capable at the minute, but they are very cute, very black and white, and very fluffy : )

@ Boomerang, no, don't want to get her neutered thanks. we did infact want the pups, but as i said in the post, we moved and the new place sadly isn't big enough.

they're lovely and cute and healthy etc etc, so if either of you knows anybody, let me know

thanks a million :)

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭zing zong

also boomerang, these are collies, not common jack russels, i doubt the pounds are "full of them"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

There are as many collies and collie crosses in the pounds and in rescues as there are Jack Russells and all manner of terrier crosses. Believe me, I work in rescue and I know what I'm talking about. :(

http://www.irishanimals.ie/collies_homes.html

The collies are especially difficult to find the right homes for. They are too workaholic, energetic and intelligent for most people.

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/bordercollie.htm

http://www.wiccaweys.co.uk/rightforyou.htm

There's a "Homes Needed" thread over in the Animal & Pets Issues forum, might be no harm posting there too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

boomerang wrote: »

Cant praise Wiccaweys enough! despite being located in a different country
    with the help of LAW we manged to find a home for "Dubh" a stray Collie that
    I could have sworn understood english that wandered and decided to camp outside our front door for a time. If we did not have 10+ cats at the time and a garden wall we would have loved to have kept her.

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭INEEDANID

Hi

I'm living in Sixmilebridge but I would be interested in taking a puppy from you.

We have a large front and back garden so space wont be a problem.

My family have always had collies and Shetland Sheepdogs so I love that type of dog.

Send me on your number via PM and i'll give you a call

I've sent you a PM now with my number anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

Hi OP,

I PM'd you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055626371

try there - you might get some decent replies. Good luck with your re-homing

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭daisyscience

It is very irresponsible for you not to get your dog neutered, especially as you have a litter of pups with no homes for them.

Boomerang is right. Collies are very hard to rehome and there are loads of them out there, pure bred and mixed. They are so cute and fluffy but their super intelligence and energy leads to so much work. You should know as you have one!!!!! I do too, love her to bits and she is neutered.

Do you have any idea of the amount of gorgeous puppies and dogs dying for a loving home out there because of irresponsible people like you??? Educate yourself!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

boomerang wrote: »
    There are as many collies and collie crosses in the pounds and in rescues as there are Jack Russells and all manner of terrier crosses. Believe me, I work in rescue and I know what I'm talking about. :(

http://www.irishanimals.ie/collies_homes.html

thanks for that now i want them all:D dam land lords and not wanting dogs in an apartment

Advertisement