Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good place for a marriage proposal in Athlone/Midlands area.

Options
  • 08-08-2011 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I'm staying at the Hudson Bay Hotel next week and am planning on proposing to my girlfriend of three years.

Is there anywhere in the area I could go that is quiet with a good view/scenery to pop the question?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

John_T wrote: »
    I'm staying at the Hudson Bay Hotel next week and am planning on proposing to my girlfriend of three years.

Is there anywhere in the area I could go that is quiet with a good view/scenery to pop the question?

The lake on the bay itself

(of course she could push you in :eek:)

or...

Theres a place on top of the hill on N55/Ballykeeran with a nice picnic view. If she says yes, you can grab a drink in the Dog and Duck nearby after

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭tubos

Yeah Hodson Bay could work alright. Nice view of the lake! Maybe the Wineport might be a nice place for a meal and they have a nice view of the lake, you could do it there. Depends on whether you want and audience or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Lissywollen ... you can propose on the pitch at half time of the Athlone Town v Finn Harps match :-)
    Theres a good chance it'll be fairly quiet there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I don't know if the Viking ship still goes to Clonmacnoise - a suggestion is to catch the boat from Hudson Bay, travel down the Shannon, relaxing (well for her anyway!) and Clonmacnoise has lovely scenery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    ... the Viking ship ...

Shudder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Onikage wrote: »
    Shudder

I agree. Have you considered just taking her to nice meal somewhere. Olive Grove is really nice. If you get the weather could dine Al Fresco and pop the queston on the waterfront there around desert time?

That said, i must say if it was me, id be completely blank for ideas. Im sure the woman will say yes regardless and thank you for making the effort.

Best of luck ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Onikage wrote: »
    Shudder

Well it doesn't have to be the Viking ship, I just remember the boat goes from town to Hudson Bay, there are probably other businesses that do it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

Grace Park Rd

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Depends on the girl. Only you will know. But if she's big into symbolism, then the Hill of Uisneach and particularly the stone of divisions (the Cat Stone / Aill na Mireann) could be an amazing place to propose. It is a very sacred place. As the first fires of Ireland were reputedly lit here by the Druids, perhaps you both could light the symbolic fire of your relationship and journey together.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hill_of_Uisneach

Best wishes. Just make it personal and memorable. Forget the BS and the begrudgers.

Advertisement