Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alice Springs (aus)

Options
  • 08-08-2011 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hey im headin over to alice springs in october.. Just wondering is there any irish people heading over there or that live there? I would love to know a little bit about the place first hand before I leave Dublin .. cheers:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

from what I hear theres work galore in alice springs..i'm sure theres plenty of people of all nationalities passing thru it, wouldn't fancy living there with the heat etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Have you been to Australia before. If not then Alice Springs is going to be a huge shock to the system! Why did you chose to move to Alice Springs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Explorer365

my brother moved there 3 years ago and he loves it?.. Its safer bet to move close to him and he has a few jobs lined up for me?.. I hope its not too boring there tho cos im a bit younger than him....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

If you are coming to Australia purely to work then Alice Springs may be ok. Bear in mind that you will be arriving at the beginning of summer and it will be stinking hot. There is not alot to do in Alice Springs. If you are have any interest in nightlife or going to the beach then forget about it. It is so far away from everything as well.It is a small town in the middle of a huge desert.Even Uluru is 600km's away. Beware of the natives as well!

Advertisement