Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone overnight 3G data usage - possible IMAP bug

Options
  • 08-08-2011 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭

Hope this is the correct forum, if not, please move :)

Last week I set up a new gmail account on my iPhone, over night between 1 and 4am it started to draw more and more data over 3G.

Thursday 0.2 GB
    Friday 1.2 GB
    Saturday 1.8 GB

I'm awaiting Sundays and last night pull. I was onto my data supplier, Vodafone who confirmed there is a bug with iOS which apple are aware of with gmail configurations. I remember this happened in America before and it got major coverage. Are there any other users here who've suffered from this overnight extreme data usage on the iPhone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

weirdly, i never had that problem, and I used an iphone for 2 years with GApps, through mail for exchange on the iphone...

You sure you don't have any data intensive background apps?

BTW your post may get more coverage in the Apple devices forum - maybe ask a mod to move?

Advertisement