Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia X6 Messaging Problem

Options
  • 08-08-2011 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

i have a nokia X6 was working fine until about a week ago.when i recieved a new msg i got a ''1 new msg recieved'' on the main screen and it would vibrate but now i get nothing and have to keep checking my inbox to see if i recieved a new msg which is very annoying.Does anybody have any idea's on how to fix this??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

Hi Damo,

I have an X6 myself and used experience this very same issue occasionally, the quick and easy solution for me was to restart the phone, but i presume you've already tried that.

It's an issue that used happen to me on firmware version 20, but hasnt happened to me since i updated to 3 firmware version 31. i'd suggest the easiest thing for you to do is to bring it to a fonemenders store and they can do the firmware update for you, or once i get home i can type up a word doc tutorial and send it on to you.

the difference being of course that fonemenders method wont void your warranty, whereas my method, its a grey area, some say it does, some say it doesnt, and i'll say no more in case i get a virtual rap on the knuckles from a mod!

have you checked for updates via Nokia Ovi Suite actually?

Hope this points you in the right direction at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭DamoNolan

Hi

yep ive tried nokia ovi suite and have the latest version install which is 31.0.004 but i think there is a newer version out 32.0.002 but cant get it yet..ive tried restarting the phone still no luck even reinstall the latest firmwire version.It was working fine then just stopped.send me on the doc you have and ill have a look cant do any harm sure thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

i had same problem for a week with n8. Tried a few different things. Turned out the 3000 plus messages in my inbox caused the problem. Deleted them, working fine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭DamoNolan

Tried deleting my msg's but still didn't work.any other ideas.

Advertisement