Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Average cost of research masters?

Options
  • 08-08-2011 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭

I did a postgraduate Higher Diploma a few years ago and the cost of it was c.5k.

Just wondering what the average cost is now for a research masters where there aren't any taught modules?

The area I'm interested in is in the humanities. Need to get figures down so I can save enough for going back in Sept 2012!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭maupat

Hi pógit,

I'm currently doing a Masters by Research (part-time) in the School of Humanities at DCU and this link should give you an idea of the costs involved (in DCU anyway):

http://www.dcu.ie/finance/fees/programme_costs_postgrad_research_student_2011-2012.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

Funding is available for many research masters, depending on the area. I would investigate this possibility thoroughly before I commit to anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

pog it wrote: »
    Just wondering what the average cost is now for a research masters where there aren't any taught modules?
    Generally speaking, if research is worth doing, it will be funded. You can either apply for masters positions for which funding has already been secured, or you can approach a potential supervisor with an idea for a project and apply for funding from a funding body. I would have grave reservations about pursuing a research project in the absence of funding.

Advertisement