Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campervan Price

• 08-08-2011 3:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi all

I know this is probably a difficult question to answer but basically the time has come to sell our beaut and I have looked at some of the selling sites to see what price we should be looking at and it is impossible. We did buy at quite a high pricing time (just after SSIAs matured) and so it would not be feasible to reduce pro-rata as we would have over paid.

Anyone got any suggestions ? or anyone any suggestions to aid selling ?

Thanks
    Clio

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭niloc1951

I know of two people who took an absolute pasting when selling their MH's privately, they basically sold for about 60% of what the would have made in 'normal' times.

You could consider selling into an Northern Ireland dealer who would have the option of re-selling into the South without the buyer having to pay VRT (it is already paid), or perhaps the UK where the market (which is huge compared to here) for good used models is reportedly more buoyant than here.

If it's a LHD and you are changing don't forget you can do a deal on mainland Europe too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Hi all

Anyone got any suggestions ? or anyone any suggestions to aid selling ?

Thanks
    Clio

It's a buyers market . tips.... make sure it's absolutely spotless , like properly shining inside and out , roof and all . Polish the cab area too . You'd be amazed at how grubby some of the ones are that people try trade in to us .... stuff practically living in the fridge seal , grease all around the hob... green mould on the seals and so on . Also you need to be able to show the fridge , heater and boiler all working . Any service history , or Habitation checks done?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭clionaricho

yes it is in good condition all round I think and will be gleaming when I am ready. Looking on donedeal or adverts there just seems to be no pattern to the prices there.

Thanks for the advice guys :)

Advertisement