Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats Firhouse Like to Live In??

Options
  • 08-08-2011 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi All

I live on the southside of Dublin but dont really know too much about Firhouse and am thinking of moving there. Whats it like? Much trouble? Friendly neighbours? Neighbours from hell? :confused:
    Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

It's quiet, there's very rarely any trouble with gangs or anything like that, very good schools in the area and you have the small Firhouse Shopping Centre with the post office and Supervalu and two chippers. It's unlikely you'd have neighbours from hell in Firhouse, most people just tend to keep to themselves in the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Sister has had her house broken into once and had someone attempt to break into her car twice(was an old fiesta, so they were just looking for anything valuable in it). Other than that, not many problems past scangers with ridiculous exhausts waking her up occasionally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Fi_J

Thanks ordinary_girl, thanks Tragedy. Two very different replies! Tragedy, I don't like the sound of what you have said. Does your sister feel at all safe now? Ordinary_girl, you mentioned gangs, is that kids hanging around the chipper etc or anything more serious?

Thanks a mil!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Nope. 1 burglary(during the day, contract cleaners had left the sitting room window on the latch and not put the house alarm on, someone forced it with a screwdriver) and opportunists messing with her car twice in 6 years isn't particularly offputting to her, burglaries happen in every area and none of the incidents were invasive enough to make her want to move.

Not being able to put the drivers window down on her car made getting in and out of Dundrum fun though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

What part of firhouse are you thinking of? It is a nice settled area with no real probs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

Yep, that's pretty much it. Just some kids hanging around outside the chipper and the shop, it never really escalates into anything more.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭CrackisWhack

I read something a while back about Firhouse being the most burgled suburb in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

I read something a while back about Firhouse being the most burgled suburb in Dublin.

Link? I call bullfrog. Very rarely hear of burglaries around here

Advertisement