Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement Gas Central Heating system

• 08-08-2011 3:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭

A very loose random question, we have just bought a new house and been advised to replace the heating system (I think it all was gun metal and should be replaced with copper piping as it is corroding). Anyway the house is approx 1300 sq ft. I am just looking for a rough price as in 5 thousand or 10 or whatever. I know this is just an estimate but we need to do some sort of a budget before we get the keys and decide what is priority. I cant get anyone to price this without seeing the job and I cant do that as we dont have the keys yet.

PS It is gas fired central heating.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

I am in ths same posostion. I posted the job on onlinetradesman.ie and the quotes are between 4.5 - 8k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

we got this done a couple of years ago, and we replaced tank, boiler, 7 rads, pipework & hot water tank. A friend got the materials in the builder providers he works in for just over €2000 & we got the work done for €200 a day & it took about a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭clionaricho

Thats great thanks guys, gives me something to work on anyway :-)

Advertisement