Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What happened to Maxi

• 08-08-2011 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Where is Maxi gone to from Radio 1. She was on before 7am but seems to be gone several months now. Anyone know where she is?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭GSF

She retired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

GSF wrote: »
    She retired.

She retired from the show due to illness, actually. Pity she isn't on anymore as she was a gem but I'd be shocked if she doesn't make an appearance back on RTE in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I thought she set the perfect tone for that time of the morning.
    That Shay guy is just not doing it, people who call Ronan Collins bland should check this guy out, he brings it to a whole new level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,747 ✭✭✭squonk

I'm sorry to hear she retired due to illness. It's a long time since I was out at that time of the morning but she was absolutely brilliant at that hour of the day. Herself and Ann-Marie Kelly on Today FM live in my memory for providing intelligent radio and decent music at that hour of the day. I'm not a morning person and if I had a weapon I'd use it on the usual Ian Dempsey/Hector types who do the 'Woo-hoo, It's the morning, sure isn't it great to be up and here's some Boyzone comin' at ya" thing. I hope that she gets through her illness and is back on the air soon. I've always had great time for her and she seemed to come across as a genuine and nice person. There are too many muppets being let loose on the radio in the mornings now so hopefully she'll come back to redress that balance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Perhaps all those years of early starts didn't do her health any good? She can't be in great shape if she had to retire due to ill health :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Sorry to hear she's not well, wish her all the best for a speedy recovery.

She played good music, just found it annoying at times that she tended to cut some songs short.

I actually think Shay Byrne is quite good, so far he plays music that I like, we'll see how it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

Maxi gave me my CAO college place back in the day, 2004.

So about this time 7 years ago, I got up at the crack of dawn, next thing CAO website crashes (or else my dial up) so I hear Maxi on the radio wishing all us leaving certers good luck with the CAO points.

So this is about 6.30am and I drop Maxi a text that goes like 'hey maxi, can't get on the CAO site, no newspapers reached the countryside yet, what are the points for veterinary'? One minute later Maxi calls me back and says "<whatever> with an asterisk, did you get in?"

Indeed i did. Then a few years later texted her on the morning before my graduation, maxi read out the text and played a song for me and said she remembered the call. I will always remember her kindness the morning of the CAO results, she always struck me as a genuinely nice woman.

Could do with her warm tones again on early morning radio as the winter approaches, hope she gets back into the studio as soon as she is ready, and that she makes a complete recovery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Plowman wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Great news. Whatever time she comes back. She has a lovely voice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Just pulled down the podcast from Dave on the Tubridy Show with Maxi.. It's well worth a listen... Great to hear that she's well..

• Advertisement
Advertisement